Nike Triax

Any good these days?

4 messages
16/12/2012 at 20:50
I had a couple of pairs of them and went ok but then switched to the now defunct Equalons. Are the latest Triax any good? I think they at 15 now. If not, any other good shoes for the over pronator?
11/02/2013 at 02:21

ET - was searching the web for racing shoe info and came upon one of your posts regarding the Equalon.  I had the same dilema after wearing out my last pair this winter.  The Equalon was the savior for my plantar faciaitis, and I tried Brooks Trance and imdiatley started having foot pain.  Returned them. 

70 Miles into a pair of Nike Lunar Eclipse 2 and so far so good.  They felt a little wierd and stiff in spots at first, but that's gone away.  They've been closest in "pillowiness" to the Equilons of anything I've run in, and they're lighter (3 oz. I think!).  They feel fast.  They do have a very different feel than any shoe I've run in due to thier unique construction, but I'm liking it.  Eastbay has them for $70 right now as the LE3 is just coming out.  If I still like them this much at 150 miles, I'm going to buy up a few pairs.  Good luck!

11/02/2013 at 08:10

Thanks JC.

I plumped for Brooks Adrenaline 12 in the end. They seem really comfy although I have had a tiny bit of PF type pain which I`ve iced. Up to about 9 miles LDR in them so far so we`ll see. I`ll bear your advice in mind.

11/02/2013 at 20:55

I had Triax +12's as my first pair of running shoes - moved to Lunar Eclipse 2's and loved them more.  Since moved via Lunar Glide +4's to Nike Free 3.0 v4's (for most runs now) and about to try Flyknit Lunar +1's.  I still go back to the Lunar Eclipse's though when I fancy some more cushioning.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.