Nike Zoom Marathoner, any opinions/reviews/comparisons

9 messages
15/08/2005 at 17:28
Has anyone here tried the Nike Air Zoom Marathoner racing flat?

I was wondering how it compared to other flats you might have tried, as I was considering blowing some £££ on a pair, but if it's horrid, I'd rather not waste my dough.

For reference, my flat of choice at the moment is the Saucony Fastwich Speed - not too disimilar from the Marathoner, at least in terms of demographic (i.e. neutral, mid weight racing flat)
18/08/2005 at 13:38
Bought a pair of AZM's earlier in the year and have used them for half marathon's & 10k's & they are great. They are the first pair of flats I have bought so I cannot compare to others but I would recommend them. Not sure if I would want to do a full marathon in them as at 6'2" and 14 stone I am very heavy on shoes. Only down side is they have really tacky laces!
19/08/2005 at 09:37
I've used the Air Zoom Miler's. An excellent shoe very lightweight and very comfortable. I am only 10 and a half stone, so not putting great strain on them - but after 20 yrs in the Army my knees are painful, but with these they never hurt even after 13 or 14 milers.

However these are the only "performance" shoes I have ever bought so I can't compare them to anything else- sorry.
19/08/2005 at 20:22
Yes. Prefer the Tiger Paw. More forefoot cushioning, albeit, minimal. Marathoners fell flat after a while.
19/08/2005 at 20:22
Ps. Gary. try the Skylon. Much better lightweight performance, neutral shoe.
19/08/2005 at 22:47
Agreed. Skylon's are a much better shoe for most people than the Milers. The Air Zoom cushioning used in the AZM's is stacks firmer than the normal air cushioning present in the Skylons
21/08/2005 at 05:34
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE - i'M NOT A RACER JUST RUN BECAUSE OF JOB/FITNESS. SO MY MAIN CONCERN REALLY IS PROTECTING MY KNEES. IN THE PAST I'VE ALWAYS USED SAUCONY'S BECAUSE OF THIS.
21/08/2005 at 09:50
The problem i've had with nikes racing flats isn't so much the weight but wether the heel is the same height as the toe. Skylons/Ekiden are terrible for this. I've found a good pair of new balance 150s, very light yet because the heel is slightly higher than the toe I dont get the same Achilles problems.I would just like to know what they are like on the marathoners? I sound like a nikeophobe(!) I'm not; my best shoes are nike. Pegs, Persus and even the frees' But i've really struggled to find a nike racer I like, any suggestions?
23/08/2005 at 10:04
Fancied trying a pair. But only seen the womens specific version on the Start fitness website, although they don't have my size.

Anyone know where I can find a pair?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.