Nike Zoom Victory

Suitable for an over-pronator?

7 messages
17/04/2009 at 15:50

Hello all,

I was perusing my local chav sports shop today and noticed they've actually got a pretty good range of Nike stuff in (shoes, tops, shorts, tights etc.) Anyway, I also noticed they were selling off Nike Zoom Victory Senior shoes at a very cheap price. These look like a great racing shoe, but has anyone ever used them before? I'm wondering if it would be worth me buying a pair really.

For info I'm a mildish over-pronator - a Gel Kayano or Structure Triax type shoe is the norm for me, and I'd be sticking to a more supportive shoe for anything over 10k really. These Zooms look to be more neutral, but would it be worth getting a pair for say distances up to 10k do you reckon? Just interested in people's views really.

Cheers

18/04/2009 at 16:48
Probably safer not to. They are a neutral shoe with minimal support. If you are only a mild over-pronator then you might get away with it, but there are better shoes than the Victory that do have the support
19/04/2009 at 12:57
Brilliant thank you. I must admit I went back for another proper look at them and I'd come to this conclusion myself. I only noticed them cos they were so cheap anyway really - I wasn't really in the market for any Race Shoes as such, but if I do opt for some then it'll be something that offers more support than these. Thanks for the reply
19/04/2009 at 13:19
Ok so what Racing/ lightweights  do peeps on here reccomend that offer more protection?? I wear structure Triax for training but fancy some shoes for racing in 5k to 10 miles .
19/04/2009 at 14:07

I got myself a pair of Adidas Adizero Tempo's for my 5k and 10k races, very light and a decent level of support.

See here     Click me

20/04/2009 at 15:55

Try Saucony Grid Fastwitch.

I have mild support needs and they are great and light.

23/04/2009 at 19:02
Nike Lunaracer. Fab shoe.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.