Nike Zoom Vomero and other cushioned shoes

Help needed!

3 messages
02/07/2006 at 14:09
I love running on cushioned shoes that are like mattresses, and as the Adidas Supernova Cushion seem to be getting harder with each release, I thought I'd try the Vomero after reading some rave reviews. I can't find the women's version anywhere though - can anyone help?

And if anyone has any other shoe recommendations, this would help. (Tried Mizuno Wave Rider, Nike Air Pegasus, Saucony Grid Trigon and Asics Gel Nimbus - all too hard for me).
02/07/2006 at 14:44
Hi Lizard!

Sounds like you like the same sort of shoes as me:-)
I've been struggling to get the right ones too - Asics Nimbus are no good, and I agree with you about the Adidas ones.
I was thinking about trying the Nike ones, even though I haven't had Nikes for years.
There aren't any women's Vomeros for some reason, but I understand that the Air Zoom Percept shoes are basically the women's version of the Vomero.

I get numb balls of my feet if the shoes are too hard - the only ones I can currently run in for more than 6-7 miles are my Saucony Grizzly Approach shoes which are trail shoes rather than road shoes. But they are like very comfortable sofas - I fair bounce along! Definitely worth a try if you do any off-road stuff, even trails through woods etc.
02/07/2006 at 20:02
Strange - I didn't know Nike didn't do the Vomero. I'll get an order in for the Percepts and see how I get on. Might try the Grizzly's aswell.

Thanks TT!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.