NIPGUARDS

10 messages
06/10/2002 at 21:52
ANYONE USE THEM....IF SO.ANYGOOD AND WERE DO YOU BUY THEM PLEASE
CHEERS CHRIS
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 10:03
I just use plasters. They work for me and are v cheap.

I'm sure you can get the Nipguards from any of the shops linked at the top right.
07/10/2002 at 10:11
thank cougie.....but last marathon i ran flm 2000 i used compeed blister plasters ..ive tried most things but anything over 8 miles tends to leave me wth bloody nipples
chris
cougie    pirate
07/10/2002 at 10:16
I guess you've tried the normal plasters then ? Mine stay on for ages until I rip them off and wax my chest.

I can tell how much racing I've been doing by how smooth my chest is !
07/10/2002 at 10:19
I used corn plaster for Berlin 2001 and FLM 2002. They're find but fall over if you dribble too much water down your front. You could keep them in place with micropore tape though
07/10/2002 at 12:24
Nipguards are wonderful things. I first tried them at the Las Vegas marathon 2 or 3 years ago, and had a write up in the club RonHill magazine about them. They work a treat and cost about 70p a pair, (packs of 10 I think ). Anything that removes a concern is well worthwhile. For those who wonder, they look a bit like a polo mint, sticky on one side and with a cover on the other side. They have my vote !
07/10/2002 at 12:33
THANX.......I,VE JUST ORDERED SOME FROM RUNNERS NEED £7.50.IM RUNNUNG IN THE AMSREDAM 1/2 MARATHON...SO IT WILL BE COULD NOT OT HAVE BLEEDIN OR SORE NIPPLES
WITH THANKS CHRIS
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/10/2002 at 20:27
Here we go again! I've lost count how many times I've said this on different threads but the answer is Bodyglide - a non-petroleum stick of vaseline-type stuff that us tri types use under wetsuits and swimsuits, doesn't stain, doesn't stick, and best of all, no plasters to pull off!

See Nov issue of RW page 71, Jogger's Nipple
07/10/2002 at 23:02
thanx ironwolf,,,im going to try these nipguards first but i will keep an eye for bodyglide as well
cheers chris
08/10/2002 at 12:27
Chris
Good luck in Amsterdam. I'll be there too, but am still undecided as to whether to do the full, rather than the half. But I'll have the Nipguards on. Must have a go at the bodyglide too !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.