oh god!!! so many names!>>>>>>>>please, just find me the right shoe

trail shoes with sggressive grip for mud

8 messages
03/12/2002 at 00:55
well, as the title suggests, i am, indeed, looking for a pair of trail shoes. switching from road to trail wasaone of my best running choices, but i can get the traction, i need the grip here people, combined with some midfoot support adna good cushioning, fore and rear foot...because i've had the shin splints in the pst and don't want a relapse!>
any help at all would be gratefuly accepted. please consider that i run a lot of muddy/stony/forest path mixed trails and that there will be an uphill-downhill element involved in the not distant future...i intend to get onto the fells.
similarly, for the mixed runs, i would see the well cushioned, sggressive, grippy trail shoe.

the >>> for the x-country, i seek spikes my friends, any wearers out there who could give me a few pointers???

any help again gratefully accapted.

cheers
b_Phil
03/12/2002 at 15:49
I love Adidas Swoop, not so good for MT, but if your staying off road then I haven't found a better pair.
03/12/2002 at 15:50
Oh and for MT stuff Adidas Trail Response used to be excellent, not sure if they are still manufactured though.
03/12/2002 at 16:32
there always used to be an advert in the back of runner's world for a company which resoled old trainers with a very grippy sole. I had an old pair of asics shoes re-soled by them and have been very happy with the result.
03/12/2002 at 17:51
Just foundthe address of company mentioned above, it looks like it was actually in a rival puplication sorry !!

they are;

Cheshire Shoe Repairs
Dept RF
65 Folly Lane
Bewsey
Warrington
Cheshire
WA5 5ND

Can't find the 'phone number I am afraid
03/12/2002 at 23:29
ok, what about the terra tupus? heard good things about them i have! and also, the spikes? any suggestions there?
07/12/2002 at 13:35
I can seriously reccomend the terra tupus. I've had a pair for 6 weeks now run 2 cross country races in them and some long training runs. Great traction, very comfy, light enough to race in.

You'll have noticed I quite like them....
08/12/2002 at 16:23
hmmmm,
bought some of the asics corrido spikes, there great,
stuck in a set of 15mm's and got great traction, but i would say, don't brake on their heel, cos they will slip under a large braking effort. but there great..................................!

B_Phil

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.