On-Running Cloud trainers

Anyone tried them?

6 messages
02/01/2013 at 12:44

Hi,

Just wondered whether anyone has used these shoes and had any feedback?

I am currently recovering from a stress fracture caused by some "barefoot" running trainers. I love the concept, but apparently my feet can't take no cushioning whatsoever.

I'm looking for a lightweight shoe which still provides cushioning for the feet, saw these and liked the concept. Don't want to go out and buy a pair though without speaking/hearing from someone who's already used them!?

Thoughts are appreciated!

nicki

04/01/2013 at 10:01

I have ran in the On Cloudsurfer and also like a lightweight shoe but found truly minimalist shoes like the Saucony Kinvara too much - not enough cushioning. The Cloudsurfer felt great - really comfy and really bouncy.

However, perhaps not enough like a barefoot running shoe for you - it is a half way house. The Cloudracer is probably a better option and they have been really popular. They are a lower heel to toe drop but still witht he CloudTec cells to provide shock absorption.

Take a look here:

http://www.lansonrunning.com/brands/on-running-shoes/shopby/female/

Edited: 04/01/2013 at 10:01
04/01/2013 at 10:22

i just cant see those pods lasting many miles, even standing in them and twisting my feet they felt unstable, i wouldnt want to turn hard in them. gimmicky shoe in my oppinion. 

Edited: 04/01/2013 at 10:23
05/01/2013 at 21:56
I've had 4 pairs of Cloudsurfer over the last 2 years. They last me approximately 450 miles which is as many miles as other cushioned shoes that I've used. I like the feel of them but of course, like any shoe, they're not going to suit everyone.
05/01/2013 at 22:00
They seem very expensive to me.
25/01/2013 at 10:29

They'd probably be ok for just steady running on the roads. I can't imagine them being responsive for doing anything fast though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.