orienteering shoes

Does anyone run in them?

6 messages
28/09/2002 at 00:25
Although not an orienteerer myself, I have read that many run in "V-J studded shoes". Does anyone use them for fell or cross country running, and if so--how do they compare with other running shoes? A web site that sells them is www.ultrasport.co.uk
30/09/2002 at 13:46
As nobody has answered this post, I suspect that none of us runners wear them?
01/10/2002 at 21:35
I use Felldancer or PB WAlsh studded shoes for cross country and trail running.
01/10/2002 at 23:35
Ii have worn Walshes in the past(20 odd years ago in my teens!) but they seem to be too narrow for me nowadays. I was wondering whether anyone wore the V J orienteering shoes and if they were any wider in the toebox than the Walshes?
02/10/2002 at 13:36
Have you tried Felldancer's they're a bit wider than Walshes ? There's also the Adidas Swoop or the New Balance RX Terrain.
03/10/2002 at 00:06
Thanks Tom; I've tried the swoops;my normal running shoe size of 9 1/2s were too narrow/ not tried felldancers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.