Orthotics

5 messages
25/11/2002 at 12:01
I used to wear Orthotics before but discarded them. I have been running fairly seriously for a couple of years now and from Sept last year until February of this did 4 half marathons. No problem while running but knees ache after running and sitting and rising from a chair became uncomfortable. I visited a Podiatrist who said I definately needed orthotics as I over pronate and am basically out of alignment. Walking at 10 to 2 etc..Of course being 50+ altering this is a bit late in the day. However I have the orthotics and wear then for work and for gym work and do feel the difference I am also doing a varied stretching routine which is helping to ease this knee problem. Again diagnosed as an alignment problem and not Runners Knee.
Okay finally my question is as I have stability shoes for running do I need to fit the orthotics in them also. I used to run in New Balance but became very disapointed with there durability having to run on roads as there is no other option. I now have Brooks GTS which I am well pleased with.
25/11/2002 at 12:32
Ron, usualy with orthotics you wear a neutral shoe and take the insole out.
26/11/2002 at 15:58
Yes. If you're wearing orthotics for overpronation, then the best combination is to fit the orthotic in a stability or Motion Control shoe. Take the insole out for best results.
27/11/2002 at 04:27
Pizza man / David,
I only have newish stability shoes.....they are okay right??
27/11/2002 at 16:09
Ron,

I think they will work best with orthotics. Happy running. :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.