Over Pronaters.... what do you wear

21 to 24 of 24 messages
12/01/2012 at 08:53
Yesterday I took my first run out in my brand-new, very orange, Adizero xt3's. What a difference a shoe can make! These are neutral trainers and I'm coming out of support trainers that I wad advised to get after a gait-analysis showed over-pronation.

I ran a fairly tough hilly cross-country course, 10 k, a route I run regularly and set a best time first time out and had gas in the tank to spare.

I'm not advocating ignoring the advice of running shop pro's but, well, it's interesting, isn't it?

12/01/2012 at 09:20
Interesting indeed. I over-pronate and have used Brooks GTS for the last 4 years. (Which is most of my 'proper' running career). In comparison to a friends 'neutral' shoes, the make/model of which I forget, my shoes are like clogs! However, I have remained injury free in my training, despite two slogs around the FLM, and that may be the long term issue for you...
12/01/2012 at 13:19
I run exclusively cross-country - I think if I was road-running my opinion would differ and maybe I should have been clearer on that.
13/01/2012 at 21:52
Too cut a long story short i had a gait analysis done a few years ago after seeking advice after developing an injury - i then got talked into having custom orthotics - i wore them for a year. Yes the initial injury (soft tissue damage under right foot) went away but i started developing problems in my hips and made no improvements to mileage. After talking through with my physio why i was wearing orthotics in the first place i took the plunge and decided to remove them from my trainers. I overpronate. Since doing this i felt instant comfort and am now running more and increasing mileage than i have ever done before in neutral trainers - adidas adizero manas!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.