Overpronate in one foot - stability shoe?

Or should I get neutral shoe

7 messages
04/02/2013 at 00:19
I over pronate (not extreme) in my left foot while my right foot is neutral. Should I get a neutral shoe or a stability/support shoe?
04/02/2013 at 00:23

sweat shop did my shoe fitting, i slightly overpronate in my right foot , but they advised i got nuetral , and they are comfy so far. 

my previous shoes were supports, which i thought would help but i ended up with more aches, got proper advice and now much happier feet

but that is my feet 

04/02/2013 at 06:54
Khanivore wrote (see)
I over pronate (not extreme) in my left foot while my right foot is neutral. Should I get a neutral shoe or a stability/support shoe?

No. Either swop your feet around or take up golf.

04/02/2013 at 09:23

Is there not a case here for orthtic inserts? Expensive potentially though.

04/02/2013 at 09:26
RicF what?

Egyptian I thought about that but was hoping to avoid it due to expense. I was wondering what the impact of what wearing support shoes for neutral runners is.
04/02/2013 at 11:46

What are your current shoes, and have you had any aches & pains with them?

I guess if you don't need support then the firmer medial post in a mild support shoe could feel uncomfortable under you arch, leading possibly to ankle or knee discomfort.

I was told I was neutral when I had a gait analysis but have always run in shoes with some support (previously Asics 2000 series, but now Saucony Mirage) as I didn't have any problems when running in them.

04/02/2013 at 12:52

Thanks Stu - that's the kind of experience I was hoping to hear about. I am running in support shoes. I do have aches in one leg. Problem is I am not sure if they are due to the shoes or something else. They started suspiciously soon after my first half marathon but i was wearing a new shoe also which i had less than 100 miles on. I ran the race much faster than I thought I would hence the uncertainty regarding whether it is shoe related or just from pushing too hard.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.