Pay day!

...and I've been shopping...

21 to 34 of 34 messages
01/11/2003 at 21:19
Thanks for the offer Snail. I'll see if Nike Town have a website first, just to compare prices.

I saw some lovely Concurve, fleecy tights in another shop recently, but they were about 60 quid, so again, too expensive. I think I'll have to look at good old girlsruntoo.
01/11/2003 at 21:20
I have a concurve winstopper
it was in the sale
its lovely
02/11/2003 at 19:47
Just got a concurve Goretex - mega-expensive, but now ABSOLUTELY no excuse for ducking out of a run, no matter if the rain is coming down sideways.

03/11/2003 at 19:12
Oh Snail,
I like the concurve kit think I may treat myself at the weekend....and I promised to be good and spend no more money on kit!!!!
03/11/2003 at 22:00
:-)

do you know something really terrible? I had already treated myself to new kit the week before, in a frenzied 20-min lunchtime shopping expedition, along with my egg mayo sarnie. And I was so busy at work that I completely forgot. I just found 2 shopping bags stashed under my desk this morning!!!

I was so tired though - I thought I'd bought some stuff, but when I couldn't find it at home I decided I'd been hallucinating. Now I feel really guilty... and I smuggled the bags past my boyfriend when I came home tonight... I'm turning into one of those compulsive shopping women who buy loads of clothes then leave them in bags at the bottom of the wardrobe with the labels still on! OMG, what a scary thought!

At least I have plenty of kit now!!!! ;-)

And now I've confessed, I must say I don't feel at all guilty any more. :-D
03/11/2003 at 22:11
ive done that with a bag of Aldi Kit - a fluo yello runnin g jacket, micro fleece and wicky top - but it was less than 30 squid altogether !

had to buyit it was a bargain !

Hildy Bourne sports have some winter weight tracksters for about 6 - 10 quid - if you are interested i would try and get the link or order some and send them if you cant access the delivery
04/11/2003 at 12:58
Bune - mine wasn't too excessive, either - View From at M&S in the sale (wasn't joking when I said I bought it alongside the sandwich!). Which is partly why I don't feel toooooo bad (though I did get interrogated by my boyfriend later last night as to whether I _really_ needed so much kit)...

Anyway, hope the postmen hurry up and bring me my new stuff!!!
07/11/2003 at 06:36
Snail-you are bad for me:-) I have been to M&S and purchased a few things any news on your concure kit!! I am going to order some tomorrow:-)
07/11/2003 at 16:20
think mine's arrived - had a note from the postie yesterday saying a package had been returned to the sorting office as it was too big for the letter box... I'll be there at 8am tomorrow!!

How exciting!
07/11/2003 at 21:29
Yippee - concurve Goretex jacket has arrived - but now it's not raining !! Come on ! RAIN !! - so I can wear my new jacket !

Also got swirly-pattern green hoody - but my husband says it makes me look like a green tortoise...

09/11/2003 at 09:22
woohoo... got the stuff... but I'm not sharing it with you lot ;-)
09/11/2003 at 14:08
Ooops.

First I get it in the neck for not reading e-mails properly.

Expect I'll get an ear-bashing for not reading threads now.

:-(
09/11/2003 at 19:19
Snail, has your boyfriend discovered the double set of kit yet? Or has it all been safely stashed at the back of the wardrobe?
09/11/2003 at 21:41
double, Hilde?!

If only!!!

I took 3 complete sets out of the washing machine today, which is just from yesterday's and today's runs. Then realised I still had Friday morning's lot stashed in a bag, so that's been through the machine too, and I have another 2 lots in the drawer. Then there's the summer kit... and the gym kit... not to mention the big box full of rowing kit...

Had a laugh the other day, though, when I was sorting through my old gym/rowing kit, wondering whether any of it was still wearable - realised I actually own sportswear in 5 different dress sizes... now, I know a lot of women (including me!) have a 'thin' wardrobe and a 'fat' wardrobe, in 2 different sizes, but this is ridiculous...

thought it might be tempting providence to throw out the larger stuff though!

as for chimp - Ear <----- bash bash bash

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.