Personal Radios

anyone recommend a good one?

5 messages
05/06/2008 at 20:45

Im thinking of buying a small personal radio to listen to when commuting - i miss listening to radio on the way to work now im walking/ using the bus - want something that has AM so I can listen to 5Live for news and live sport (and Euro 08 on the way home!)  - does anyone use anything they can recommend -ive been put off DAB by some bad reviews of coverage so wasnt thinking of it - more just a regular FM/AM but with good AM coverage

any suggestions?

06/06/2008 at 12:47
Buney  I think that AM reception will be pretty rubbish if you are travelling in a built up area. I got a DAB personal radio when they first came out and would also give them a bad review for battery life and reception. I do think they have improved now though (at least on battery life) I did have a nice small Sony AM/FM radio a while ago but only listened to FM on it in the end as AM has a tendency to fade in and out I'm afraid
06/06/2008 at 13:28

Roberts Sportsman is my radio of choice especially with LW for the cricket.  I think I paid around £25 for the last one I bought.

My LSRs on Saturday morning are always spent with Eamon Holmes and Fighting Talk on 5 Live.  I wear the radio on my arm using the MP3 player they sell for £6 in JJB.

06/06/2008 at 14:10
You'll probably laugh, but I brought a Tesco value personal radio for a whole £3.48 so I could listen to the cricket at Lords. Works really well considering the price, has AM and FM and small enough to fit in your pocket
06/06/2008 at 19:14

ta folks

hmmm may go and look in Tesco !

i was looking at a couple of Sonys and the Roberts and dont really want to splash out on a DAB

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.