Polar RS200SD

101 to 109 of 109 messages
08/06/2007 at 15:21
i have a question about the use of the fitness test.

How can it be accurate? from what i see it just counts your hearthbeating when you are doing nothing, not when you are at max effort.
How come results are so different if i change my activity level? It shouldn't make a difference on the test result no?

do you guys put the max HR manually? How do you determine it manually? Does it change a lot when you get in better shape?

hope somebody can help me out :))

09/06/2007 at 17:52
Polar developed a correlation between VO2max and several variables including gender, age, height, body weight as well as heart rate and heart rate variability.

See the article at
http://www.howtobefit.com/polar-fitness-test-development.htm
22/06/2007 at 22:14
Regarding the Polar RS200SD, it's great for runners, very waterproof, you don't notice the footpod, can't feel it in fact. It is the best bit of kit i own, i love it. All my HRM have been Polar, they have all worked without fault; only sold them to upgrade.
26/06/2007 at 10:38
I'm thinking about replacing my current HRM and I really like the idea of getting one of the Polar models with a footpod for speed and distance recording. The first one I saw advertised was the 400SD, and now I've found this thread about the 200SD. The 200 seems to have been around for a while now. Has anyone tried a 400SD? Is it worth the extra £s?
13/07/2007 at 13:35
I have just bought a 625X (my third polar hrm)and love it!
Reading other articles here on the forums means I have uncovered a few secrets - so thanks!
If you find running a bit mundane occasionally and I confess I do - any bit of extra technical interest is a big bonus - if you learn to use all the extra features and get the feedback you will probably run more and get better at it - so my point is go for the most complicated monitor you can afford and while you have spent a few training weeks working it out you will have put the miles in!! Actually I have broken my 6 runs a week max rule because I have been trying the monitor out every day and being so inquisite have run the last 8 days on the trot.
On the 200 hrm being thinner.....ok so its prettier but that wont improve your running - and when we all know that polars can be a pain with battery changes I would have thought the monitor would be best left for exercise only - use your Rolex as a watch and put your Polar on to train!

So having come back to running am glad i went for the 625x - but I am sure that the 200 is excellent too!!!
funkin-baby    pirate
16/07/2007 at 09:42
If anyone is interested, I have an RS200sd (model with footpod) that I want to sell. I've had it about a year and its in great condition and has been well looked after.

Its boxed with all manuals and its yours for 100 pounds.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
16/07/2007 at 17:31
I am about to run my very first maraton. I have trained very carefully using my RS200sd, and I am very satisfied with the progress I made:)))

My question: how should I use my polar during the maraton?
What is the best way to divide my strength during the race?

Would it be something like:

first 10 km : below 70% of max HR
km 10- 20: below 75% of max HR
between 20-35: below 80% of max HR
between 35-42: below 85% of max HR

Is there an experienced person that can help me out?

I am aming for 3h30 by the way
29/03/2008 at 12:44

Not been a posting on here for a while.  I have had my 200sd for about 2 years now and use it religeously.  My girlfriend has just got the Garmin 205 and its very bulky.  One advantage of the Garmin is the software you can use to upload your runs.  Much better than the polar trainer.

Does anyone know of any alternative software that can be used for the 200sd?

30/08/2008 at 12:58
Ordered my RS200 on Thursday from PHD Fitness £118 including packaging, just had confirmation it will arrive Monday, can wait to try it out.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 109 of 109 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.