Prescription Sunglasses

7 messages
08/08/2011 at 13:32

Thinking about getting some prescription sunglasses for running. Having just  done a quick search, it seems like a bit of a minefield, though. I just want a good basic pair of glasses but I don't mind spending more if the quality justifies it. Does anybody have any recent experience/advice to share or can recommend a retailer. 

Thanks!

08/08/2011 at 13:47

I got mine from Specsavers, as part of a two for one offer. I ended up spending more than I normally would to get the frames I wanted - an Osiris wrap around design (I'd have to check which one), but I figured I was getting two pairs, so why not?

They aren't 'sports' frames, but they've worked out great for me.

09/08/2011 at 10:12
if you want quality and prescription, both Oakley and Rudy Project do prescription lenses but you need a small mortgage to pay for them.....
09/08/2011 at 15:15

I got a good pair from Spectacles Direct a couple of years ago that have an "optical insert". Basically the prescription part clips in behind the tinted wrap around lenses.

The whole set cost about £25 and it came with four sets of lenses (mirrored, yellow, grey and black).

Not your fancy brands - but they do the job when out running or on the bike.

DAM
09/08/2011 at 21:49
I got some Oakleys from David Clulow. Fat Buddha is right, they're quite expensive but they stay put when I'm running and the lenses are really good quality. I'm very happy with them
09/08/2011 at 21:50
Sunwise are good and quite cheap.
10/08/2011 at 13:03

Thanks for the advice - I'll do some more digging later. I like the look of the Oakleys but not sure on the price tag.... 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.