prodirectrunning - online store

15 messages
12/09/2008 at 17:27

This online store, I think they also go under name of do-runing seem to have shoes I'm after at a great price. Always used wiggle in past (fantastic) but wondering if anyone has any experience of this online store ?

Thanks

12/09/2008 at 19:50
Have used then in past without any real problem - perhaps not always the quickest of deliveries but orders have always arrived. Only problem i have had is if an item is delayed they do not seem to reply to mails when trying to find out how long the delay is for but however as i say my orders have always turned up.
14/09/2008 at 18:58

used them often in the past and can confirm what steve says

07/03/2009 at 16:56
I placed my first (and only) order with them over a week ago for a birthday present today. The website said that stock was available (and had just been refreshed from unavailable) so ordered two items for dispatch within 24 hours.

The stuff was not dispatched for over a week and still hasn't arrived for my birthday today. Customer service told me that I should have chased them up to see why it was so late??????

They have agreed to refund the postage (the only mild positive), but this kind of thing really annoys me with on-line retailing.

I have never had this with wiggle/start fitness/likeys/lakes runner...so they will get my future business.

Prodirectrunning will not - retailing is a tough business, but if you fail to deliver on your promises (IMHO) you don't deserve my future custom. Poor show.
07/03/2009 at 19:47

Used them once. Prompt delivery, no problems.

Would use them again.

26/05/2009 at 14:12

Hello all, I'm from Finland and not used to British way to write adresses. So, when I'm filling order form at prodirectrunning, I get into trouble at billing address tab. There are two empty slots, "property name / No." (required) and street address (optional). In Finland we usually use only street address (street name + number) so I'm quite confused...

26/05/2009 at 15:32
"property name / No"

means either property number OR property name if there is no number

quite a few properties in the UK - mainly in rural areas - don't have numbers, and sometimes no street, just names so you use what is appropriate - for you that is number (required) and street name (optional - required for you)

e.g I used to live at Southdowns, Broad Oak - house name/village name - no street
26/05/2009 at 16:48

I've used pro direct running once before, the delivery was quick and i had no problems with them and would hapily use them again.

Mies Kyntaja, where in Finland are you? Last year i spent 3 months working in Luosto/Pyha close to Rovaniemi. I loved the place and want to return soon.

Under 'propert name/number'  put the house number and strret address put the street name.

26/05/2009 at 16:58

so for example if I live at "Mannerheimintie 30"(street name+number) I should enter:

Property name/ number: 30

Street address: Mannerheimintie

I'm not that silly, just try to avoid mistakes.

26/05/2009 at 17:09
yes

although it will probably be delivered to 30 Mannerheimintie - but I guess the local delivery company can work out where it needs to go!! this is always the problem with different naming conventions of countries

26/05/2009 at 17:53
thank you really much. I guess the staff of the local delivery company is a bit more clever than me so no problem.
19/06/2009 at 08:45

I found this thread via google before ordering from Prodirect Running so other people probably will to. For the record, I ordered a new pair of running shoes from them on Wednesday, had an email later the same day saying they'd been dispatched (tracked delivery via Royal Mail) and they arrived at 8.15 this morning (Friday). Would definitely use again. 

They were the only online retailer I could find still stocking the discontinued running shoe I wanted in my size, and at a good price too.  

19/06/2009 at 10:53
I would use them but would phone to check stock first as their website can say there is stock and there isn't.
19/06/2009 at 11:27
Am I the only person who finds it a bit suspicious when someone with no previous posts comes here with the, apparent, sole intention of praising a company or product??
19/06/2009 at 23:00
I used them this week, they had my current running shoes in-stock at about £40 less that what I paid for the same pair just over a year ago, they arrived within 2 days and with a free(do-running) t-shirt. This is my first forum post, so make your own mind up, just thought I'd let you know what I thought. I would use them again, but would always shop around.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.