Reccomend me a pair...

new trainers needed

6 messages
12/05/2011 at 18:02

I have had my New Balance 1080's since Feb and after completing the Milan marathon and covering quite a few miles the tread on the forefoot has worn away especially on the outer section. Thinking of a new pair of the same but also like to something different. I am fairlt flat footed on a 'wet foot' test but tend to be a forefoot striker. Any reccomendations or should i just stick with the 1080's if they serve me well?

Cheers

seren nos    pirate
12/05/2011 at 18:11

Hi

I think the general opinion is if it ain't broke .don't try and fix it..................if you used these without any problems or injuries for a marthon and found them ok...............then i would stay with them...........

you read about people trying lots of different ones..and end up wasting lots of money or getting injured...........

13/05/2011 at 14:27
Thanks for that and I suppose sticking is a good idea. I guess im just querying whether i would be best suited to a different trainer being a forefoot runner?
cougie    pirate
13/05/2011 at 15:16
NB do different width fittings too - do you need that from them ?
14/05/2011 at 14:52

well i do have wide feet so that is definitely a pro......

anyone know anything similar to the 1080? maybe a little lighter and less 'bulky'?

14/05/2011 at 15:15
ajford1 wrote (see)

I have had my New Balance 1080's since Feb and after completing the Milan marathon and covering quite a few miles the tread on the forefoot has worn away especially on the outer section. Thinking of a new pair of the same but also like to something different. I am fairly flat footed on a 'wet foot' test but tend to be a forefoot striker. Any reccomendations or should i just stick with the 1080's if they serve me well?

Cheers

No i'm flat footed...........................

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.