replacement HRM

3 messages
17/10/2002 at 10:45
OK - my nearly 8 year old Polar Accurex NV is starting to play up, and I doubt whether it's worth sending it to Polar to get them to fix it. I might as well start hunting round for a replacement.

Required features:
Facility to a)
record and retain splits - at least 40 (Current HRM records up to 44)
Ditto HR drop in recovery period (which can be set by the user)

b) calculate mean HR

Desirable feature:

facility to calculate variance in HR over exercise period - or some other feature(s) useful for interval training/reps

Would be nice but don't really mind:

PC data download facility

Does anyone know the HRM market and can advise in terms of products and likely cost?

thanks
17/10/2002 at 11:37
Cardiosport Xtreme (£100) does 100 splits (but only seems to allow a single string of splits - can't use it for 2 sessions at once) - does mean and max for session as well, and HR recovery based reps, and recovery time (drop past rate 1, time till rate 2)

Does a time below/in/above zone - maybe for 2 zones at once, but I didn't seem to achieve what I expected this morning with it.

Not overly impressed with the case/buttons. I'd have expected more for the money! - not seen any other HRMs close up to compare though.
17/10/2002 at 15:06
Cardiosport does have the advantage of excellent after-sales service, and if you want to you can just buy the wrist monitor without having to buy a new chest strap - take your old chest strap shoping with you to make sure that they work together.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.