Retro Racers

Out with the new and in with the old

3 messages
04/08/2012 at 14:02

I have noticed that my PBs have started to plateau a little recently, so obviously I decided to have a look into lightweight racing flats.  In doing so, I noticed that some are very similar to a much loved pair of early 90s New Balance 420s that I bought a from trainer fetishist/fashion store Size?.  

I never really considered my 420s as running shoes, but I guess that in their day they were cutting edge technology and at 275g they are considerably lighter than my asics 1060s and at around 30 odd quid a pair they are considerably cheaper than the current racers available (and in more tasteful colours).

I know retro bikes are very fashionable amongst the young and hip, but retro trainers?  Could I be cool?  Or will I just look like I wandered up to the start line by accident?

04/08/2012 at 21:46

Nah, you'll just be following in the footsteps of the minimalist brigade.

05/08/2012 at 14:54

I'd love the Nike Terra TC to make a comeback. Early 80s and looked as cool as anything.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.