Route planning software

Where to find

6 messages
31/05/2003 at 12:05
A while back I saw RW offering route planning software to new subscribers. This software allows you to plan your routes and measure the distance accurately.

Any idea where I can buy this?
Thanks
Rob
31/05/2003 at 15:03
There are basically three to choose from :-

1. Accuroute which is $19

2. Little Red Frog which is £12 I think.

I'm the author of Trailgauge which I wrote after I saw how awful Accuroute was. I think Chris Tarpey, the author of Little Red Frog had the same idea.

Download them all and see which one is best for you.
31/05/2003 at 15:04
Don't know what happened to the other link but it was :-

3 Trailgauge which is free or $19 if you want a GPS interface.
31/05/2003 at 18:13
I think Trailgauge is fab (and no, I don't know Andrew & I'm not being paid)
31/05/2003 at 19:58
Tried trailgauge today - it looks excellent for GPS users, and Andrew has today kindly told me how to get it working properly for NI maps until he updates the program for us Nor'n Ironers...

02/06/2003 at 19:55
Thanks for all the input. I have downloaded both Trailguage and Accuroute. Without being paid by Andrew I confirm that I prefer Trailguage. The best map I could find was on the Ordnance Survey website and it has been great at accurately measuring my local running circuits. I had measured all in the car but was not sure whether this would over or under read (the car was out by +.2 of a mile).

Thanks again for the input and the software!

Robert

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.