Run in a Cycling Top

8 messages
08/08/2014 at 11:51

Does anyone run in a cycling jersey to make use of the pockets on the bum?

I'm toying with the idea for my work commute rather than using a belt.

cougie    pirate
08/08/2014 at 12:14
Running in a top is ok but you can't overload the pockets - they'll be bouncing up and down and possibly out.
08/08/2014 at 13:00

I often cycle in a running top.

08/08/2014 at 15:23

Not sure how much you want to carry but how about a running-specific bumbag?  I bought this rather nifty one specifically for a recent fell race and was pretty impressed.  Very comfy and the compression straps really keep it from bouncing around.

08/08/2014 at 18:32

Often use cycling tops - the pockets are great for small items (gels / energy bars), and I often carry a carpri-sun drink as well, but anything heavy like drinks bottles I find bounce about too much.

08/08/2014 at 20:28
Thanks Kitten, they're not the best running buddies actually. A mad 10 minutes and they're all puffed out.
Thanks Phil, looks a good site, cheers
12/08/2014 at 10:02

Hi Whippets.

Yes I do, great for small items e.g. food, map section, compass etc if I don't want to use a bum bag.

15/08/2014 at 11:30

Yes I do that, but then I am not running any great distances.  I use them for keys/phone/money/music player/extra hairbands (I have mad hair that escapes all the time whilst running).  I think if I were to use it for longer distances the keys/phone etc would cause a bit of bruising at the base of my spine as I haven't found a way to stop them bouncing but at least you aren't weighed down with many arm/ankle/shoe wallets and I find belts/bumbags impossible to run with. Wrapping hard items in a cloth helps.  I don't use the pockets for my water - I have a hand held water bottle that is very convenient.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.