Running app - How can I download routes to my phone?

8 messages
V4D
02/01/2013 at 15:34

Hi

I've just received the rout for the MK Marathon and I want to download it in small chunks so I have lots of training routes that encompass the route but what app can I download on my windows phone that will 'direct' me? I currently use Endomondo but I can't download maps to it on my phone.

Thanks

Vanessa

02/01/2013 at 16:26

you can load maps onto the endomondo site and then save them as routes against your account i believe, and then you can choose from them once you are on the app on your phone.

V4D
02/01/2013 at 16:33

Cool, Max's Mum, I'll give that a go. Thanks

V4D
03/01/2013 at 08:19

No, that didn't work .

I've also looked at MapmyRun but that also doesn't support turn by turn voice instructions. I'm stumped.

03/01/2013 at 17:16

Oh, sorry i misunderstood, you want something that will actually tell you where to turn?

not sure such a thing exists, unless you can carry a satnav with you?
as far as i know the only thing you can do with a running app (endomondo or runkeeper) is check the map as you go having selected a route to make sure you are not straying too far from the intended path.

I have done this on my phone before.

V4D
04/01/2013 at 07:16

I'll just have to learn the route I guess

PSC    pirate
04/01/2013 at 07:52
Call me old fashioned, but have you considered a map?
V4D
04/01/2013 at 08:04

I certainly did PSC but it's a bit hard to foillow a map when you're running especially if, like me, you don't need glasses for running but need them for anything in print .  I use maps a lot when I'm walking/trekking but I'm usually going slower and have lots of pockets in my rucksack for glasses etc. I'm going with the 'learn the route' option .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.