Running jackets

14 messages
27/03/2010 at 19:47
Hi,

I'm looking for a running jacket at the moment but don't really know what to go for. Ideally I'd like something that has zip pockets for my keys/phone etc and that has reflective/hi vis strips etc.

As we're coming up to summer I don't need anything too warm and I was ideally looking for something breathable or made with sweat wicking material i.e. Nike dri-fit or Adidas climacool type stuff. I was hoping for something fitted too and if it looked half decent that would be a bonus!

I was wondering what everyone else wears?

El
27/03/2010 at 20:04

Hi El,

I bought one last week from Decathlon for the massive sum of £12. I didn't want to spend too much cos I only wanted something very light weight for days like today when it's a bit on the cool side but doesn't warrant anything too thick. Anyway I wore it for the first time on a run this afternoon and it was perfect.........and has a zipped pocket on both sides.

27/03/2010 at 20:08

Great thanks Saffy.  I'm like you, don't want to spend too much. I used to have a nike zip up jacket that was lycra and so comfy but you just don't seem to be able to get them anymore.

Will have a look at Decathlon thanks,

28/03/2010 at 17:32
I bought an Odlo jacket from AH - see link on right - shopping. Was £70, sale price £20. Brilliant jacket wear it all the time.
28/03/2010 at 20:16

Thanks Bikermouse, I'll have a look now!

29/03/2010 at 09:06
Lidl has running stuff in on 5th April.Running jacket £8.99. Their stuff is usually good.
29/03/2010 at 09:24

Lidl?! Well I'd never think of looking there, will take a look next week thanks!

29/03/2010 at 11:41

I bought a running jacket from Lidl last year, and found it just made me totally sweaty . I ended up just wearing it when out running in the icy snowy depths of this winter!

On recommendation I got this jacket from Wiggle nice & light weight, but even on cold days it kept my body warm without being sweaty.

29/03/2010 at 13:02

I bought one last year from Pro-Direct Running.  Nice and lightweight plus the arms zip off.  Not a bad price either at £20 and available in a few colours.  (although the large "Do Running" on the back is a bit off putting)  

http://www.prodirectrunning.com/lists/womens-running-jackets.aspx?pb=0-20

Edited: 29/03/2010 at 13:06
29/03/2010 at 14:33

Thanks Black and Tabby,  I was ideally looking for a breathable one but I suppose for £9 i couldn't expect perfection! The link is a gilet, is that what you got?

Hi CK44, i was looking at those on pro-direct actually, are they comfortable? Also, how did you find the sizing of them, I'm kind of in between sizes so wouldn't know whether to go for smaller or larger!

29/03/2010 at 14:59
Hi Elizabeth - yes, I got a gilet. I found a jacket just too hot & 'rustle-y' . the gilet is fine, as even when it was pretty cold my arms soon warmed up, but my body was kept at just the right temperature.
29/03/2010 at 16:16

I know what you mean about the rustling, a bit annoying!

The pro-direct running one that CK44 suggested looks good actually as it has rip off sleeves, just typical they don't have my size in the colour I liked though...the search continues!

30/03/2010 at 09:54

Elizabeth - I have got size M and I would say I am a typical size 12.

In reply to your message they are comofrtable (and don't make a rustly sound !!).  Just to warn you I wore it last night in very heavy rain, and my t-shirt (& bra) ended up damp - but I didn't feel cold.

So I think they are more showerproof than rainproof !! but again for the price good value ! 

30/03/2010 at 13:38

Thanks CK44, I've signed up for an email when the colour I like comes back in stock in my size!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.