Running Log Software/CD-Rom

7 messages
01/01/2005 at 11:22
Happy New Year!!

Last year I used the Puma RunLog provided by RW and found it extremely useful in recording training info. I know I can keep a paper training diary but in the past I have tried and failed and I wondered if anyone knew of similar software I could purchase (preferably one which can be used year after year without losing the previous year's data).

Any suggestions?

Ta

01/01/2005 at 11:30
If you have a polar heart rate monitor then thewy have a very good training log where you can record everything you need and everything is stored on the polar server. Not sure if you can access these facilities if you don't have a polar heart rate monitor though. You could always give it a go.

Link to polar
01/01/2005 at 11:32
link to polar

try again
04/01/2005 at 13:09
Loads of people rave about David Hays spreadsheet for Excel 97, which you can download for free at - http://www.davidhays.net/running/runlog/runlog.html (don't know how to do proper links yet).
I've had a bit of a play with it and it seems pretty good - far better than the free Pumalog (which I thought was rubbish).
Alternatively just design your own spreadsheet, which can include exactly the information you want. Mine is much simpler than this one, and started very simply - date, course, time, pace & comment, but I have added to it over time.
This year I'm going to spend a few months keeping both my own and David hays, and see which one I find most useful.
05/01/2005 at 13:47
Or you could use the new Puma log that arrived with my mag yesterday. It says it's better than last years - I certainly hope so!
05/01/2005 at 14:01
I hope so and I hope you do not lose your data when puter crashes:OO
06/01/2005 at 13:38
I print mine out once a month, so ahve the best of both worlds.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.