Running shoe advice

4 messages
05/03/2013 at 22:35

I bought some Mizuno Wave Nirvana 7s around a year ago and looking at getting some new shoes.. Am I right in thinking that these are stability shoes? What other shoes are similar to the ones im currently using.

06/03/2013 at 09:58

yes - it's a stability shoe, and yes - there are loads of alternatives

but if you've had no problems with them why change model??  I think version 9 is the latest model so you could try that or shop around online to see if there is stock of the 7 (unlikley maybe as there has also been a version 8 as well so the 7 is an old style now)

if in doubt, go to a decent running shop and try on some 9s and the alternatives

06/03/2013 at 15:00

Best advice for running shoes is...

DON'T TAKE ADVICE FROM ANYONE ON THE INTERNET WHO RECOMMENDS ONLY ONE SHOE/BRAND!

FB is right - either buy more of the same or actually try some of the alternatives from other companies.  I wore Nirvana 4 but hated Nirvana 5.  A quick search on eBay shows 22 men's Nirvana - don't know what size you are, but you could have a look.

06/03/2013 at 15:04

Cheers for the replies. Im going up to a running shop nearby tomorrow for a gait analysis and see what they recommended.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.