Running shoes suggestions if you have the time

Running shoes suggestions if you have the time

12 messages
02/09/2006 at 12:21
Hi,

I would appreciate a little advise regarding buying a new pair of road running shoes.

I have a pair of Nike's at the moment (perseus), which I find are supportive but not a good fit. Little tight and not enough toe room!

Prior to this I had a pair of Saucony Grid phoenix, which I thought was an excellent running shoe, that suited me well. I have had trouble finding this shoe in a 10 these days, and also would like to try others makes or models. The Sau.. OMNI's look suitable for me, but wondered if anyone might suggest an alternative to the phoenix?

Budget is an issue, I do over-pronate and I am 15 stone and run between 25 and 35 + miles pw.

Any ideas, would be very welcome.

Many Thanks

Runner100
02/09/2006 at 12:50
If you over pronate, and need cushioning, i dont think you can go wrong with Saucony grid Hurricanes

worth asking in your running shop though
02/09/2006 at 14:01
I like my Hurricanes - but get them from a running shop as Plodding Hippo suggests as the 8s are a different sizing from the 7s (I've had to go up a half size)
02/09/2006 at 14:09
yes the 8s are indeed a little tighter
02/09/2006 at 14:40
Thanks guys,

any further posts, really welcome thanks

runner...
02/09/2006 at 14:57
Hipo, you recently gave me some advise which I valued. It was about a post I made about having to have ECG.

Thanks for the post...

I had further probs and had to have chest xray and everyblood test know to man. Good news though, all is well and I have now been told that I am as fit as a butcherrs dog and amm the happy owner of one very healthy hearth and chest xray. Thanks for replying at the time!

Runner
02/09/2006 at 15:01
I never check my speeling. Lifes too short!!
02/09/2006 at 16:02
My pleasure runner100

glad you are ok
02/09/2006 at 16:03
If you want more toe room and good support with good cushioning try the Nike Air Structure triax 9, they are built on a antastic last formaleoverpronators and are way more comfortable than the perseus
02/09/2006 at 16:45
I will look into them after the England match Cable. I have had two pairs of Nike's and found them very narrow and short, but will 'av a butchers laters

Cheers
02/09/2006 at 16:47
Try the asics Kayano, very comfortable, wide fit but very expensive!
02/09/2006 at 16:59
Sorry, Thanks Hippo!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.