Running Shoes

5 messages
01/08/2012 at 20:22

Hey, 

Ive had some running shoes for a while. However, I have noticed that I am easily able to fit my fingers inbetween my heel and the end of the shoe. 

Does this mean the shoes I have are too big? also, if they are, does it have much of an impact?

If you recommend buying new shoes, what shoes would you recommend? Because im a student id ideally like cheap ones. However, is it worth paying that little bit more? 

Thanks for your help!! 

01/08/2012 at 22:53

do they rub you?

02/08/2012 at 06:51

a bit, but thats because when i tie them tighter I tend to get pins and needles after a longer run

02/08/2012 at 08:49

Damien this is not uncommon, and it could mean two things, 1) Your shoes or worn or 2) Your feet are too small, there is a third possibility but it is quite remote, 3) Your feet might be shrinking.

To eliminate the thrid drastic possibility - I would suggest you measure your feet before and after any runs that you do, this way you could monitor their progress over maybe a 6 month period. This would enable you to make the decision as to whether or not you need new shoes or indeed new feet. My guess is (and I speak purely as a layman) it is probably related to the shoes.

02/08/2012 at 19:11
There are different ways to law up shoes that can make your heal fit better,if you google it you may find that helps

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.