Running shops in the Midlands

7 messages
04/02/2005 at 14:35
Hi, I'm new to the site. I started running a few months ago and am going to do my first 10km in April.
I need to get some decent shoes and looking through some of the threads here it seems the thing to do is to get advice from a special running shop.

So, can anyone recommend a good running shop near Coventry/Warwick?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/02/2005 at 14:37
don't have a map to hand but:
Derby Runner in Derby
Running Fox in Loughborough
04/02/2005 at 14:42
Warwick Sports in Warwick have always been good with me. I can give you directions if you need them.

They will definitely take care with shoes for you.

I don't know about Coventry - try to avoid it as much as possible.
04/02/2005 at 15:07
Wrong side of Brum but if you're passing then try Runaround Sports in Worcester, near Foregate Street station.

I've been to running shops down here, but Runaround in my humble and honest is by far the best. I make the trip "to see my family" whenever I need new shoes!

04/02/2005 at 16:46
lorraine baker runner has recently opened in coventry... somewhere radford way.

essential sports co. in balsall common is also v good.
Bod
04/02/2005 at 22:29
Sutton runner -Sutton Coldfield
DHS
05/02/2005 at 20:11
as mentioned by Ultra bunny Lorraine Baker in on the Burnaby Rd. there's also Grays in Rugby.

Theres quite a few on the Yam Yam side of brum. Sutton as already mentioned Birmingham Runner, Grove sports, Black country runner. But they'll all mean a trip up the M6 for you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.