Running Tights/Base Layer for tall guy!

5 messages
30/01/2012 at 15:46

Hi!

Can anyone recommend running tights/base layer for me? I'm 6'6"and XXL seems to often mean wider rather than longer when it comes to running tights/bottoms/base layer.

Any help very much appreciated!

30/01/2012 at 16:10

I'm 6'4" (on a good day) and have a pair of Gore 3/4 length windstopper tights.

Just checked the Gore site and they seem to have to have been discontinued but the other 3/4s should do the trick.

I think mine are a large so either these or the next one up should work I'da thought.

Edited: 30/01/2012 at 16:21
31/01/2012 at 12:28

Thanks for the tip!

Has anyone had any luck finding full length tights/leggings? 

31/01/2012 at 12:44

I am only about 6'4" but I find any in about size large will do. The fabric is not dimensionally stable, so if you need the length the diameter/girth will reduce a bit so that they fit. I find 3/4 length less satisfactory, because they tend to ride up more. I even have some size medium, and they give more compression, which is useful.

Ian 

31/01/2012 at 15:11
I'm 6'2" I find large is ok for me. But I wear compression shorts (always have as my thighs rub) and calf guards so bottom half more or less covered bar the knees and have L leggings over the top. Top half I have a XL base layer from Canterbury that is a couple inches longer in the length than a nike one that I have.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.