Running with glasses...

21 to 26 of 26 messages
14/10/2012 at 18:25
I tried contacts but got insects in them on a run in the countryside so had to remove it, weird running back. I the end I bought a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets and had some prescription lenses made (pricey but works great) and they don't have a chance of falling off. I'll get another set of lenses made for night running - I like the hydrophobic coating so rain just runs off, unlike my normal glasses that, well.. I might as well not wear them in the rain as I can barely make out anything looking through raindrops.

Saying that about my normal glasses - I think I'll try some Nanopool "liquid glass" on them, it works great on windscreens, sinks etc.. Water can't stay on it.
Edited: 14/10/2012 at 18:27
14/10/2012 at 19:03

Duct tape any good?

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 19:16

I dont think thats see through ..

15/10/2012 at 09:42

Thanks redjeep, i'll look into it...er pardon the pun!

21/10/2012 at 23:39

Thanks, guys.

I have tried contacts before, a few years ago. Didn't take to them, the main reason being that I could feel the slightest breeze on my eye as if it were a gale force and I'm worried that'd be too annoying/distracting/uncomfortable to run with.

Maybe I'll give a pack of disposable ones a go...

22/10/2012 at 07:43

An alternative, but not cheap, are prescription sports glasses. If you have your prescription you can send the details to optilabs (optilabs.com) and they will make a set up for you. They make them for runners, cyclists, divers, sailors and even snooker players.

They are one of the few companies that can make wrap around glasses with prescription lenses. I have a pair for cycling and have found them excellent as they cut out wind, insects etc. The thing I like best about them is that the close fit means that my eyes don't water when its windy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.