Running with portable speakers (X-mini) - is it allowed?

Under BARR and UKA guidelines, to be specific

61 to 65 of 65 messages
03/09/2014 at 10:30

I'm really surprised by this thread but I reckon the OP doesn't mean to offend, he genuinely bizarrely thinks that other runners may appreciate him playing his own music out of some portable speakers for motivation or suchlike.

I actually wouldn't mind to have to listen as long as the other person had good taste in music. My ideal playlist would be a few 90s dance anthems, followed by tracks by the Stone Roses, The Smiths and Bruce Springsteen. But I have to reiterate what someone said...people who play music aloud in public tend to play god awful stuff.

In all seriousness OP, you playing music out of speakers will not benefit anyone running the race. Not your fellow runners nor yourself as they will not thank you for it. Besides the fact, how could you be bothered to carry them round with you anyway? 

Running and music go hand in hand for some people, I have friends who wouldn't dream of running without it, but believe me, running is as enjoyable, if not more, without music. I say this as a big fan of both! Create your own soundtrack in your head if you want ( I do this), look at the scenery as you pass by, listen to the world, chat with fellow runners, enjoy your race.  But don't bring the speakers 

Edited: 03/09/2014 at 10:31
03/09/2014 at 10:33

rosielou, you illustrate the point perfectly. I love the Smiths, but deplore the Stone Roses and the Boss. One person's meat...

03/09/2014 at 10:42

Ive seen people running with one ear bud in, so they are aware but still get a little motivational music. You just need to makesure you get a real secure fit with the bud.

03/09/2014 at 10:43

Ah, touche 

03/09/2014 at 10:43

I wouldn't even want to listen to my favourite music through someone else's tinny shitty speakers whilst running.  Because it would sound FUCKING SHIT.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 65 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.