Safety apps

Online tracking?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
22/02/2013 at 20:13
I know one but far too rude for here.....they'd ban me =:O
Blisters    pirate
24/02/2013 at 16:09

Endomondo works:

You invite people to have access to the tracker, so it's not exactly a stalkers charter.
Forumite Prince Siegfried cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats, and I was able to see key points along the route, including the ability to meet up with him near Bristol. I followed their route all the way up tot the tip of the northernmost point. It got quite exciting. Or am i sad?

cougie    pirate
25/02/2013 at 17:56
I don't think its creepy if the person using the phone wants to be tracked.
That said - its probably not going to help much. I could only see some kind of freak accident where you've fallen and knocked your head and then your tracking pal could find you. Unless the battery runs out, or they've gone shopping and forgotten about you. Its a neat app but very limited use for 99.9% of runners.
28/02/2013 at 12:53

I set up Apple's 'Find My Friends' on my iphone so my dad could see where I was on long runs and races. Not for my safety, just cause he was interested in following my whereabouts along the West Highland Way. Can only be used to track you by people you have pre-approved. It's very accurate. I can look at his phone's location on a zoomed-in map and tell which end of the house he's sitting in! I know you said an android phone, but there must be something similar available...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.