Saucony progrid guide 3 v 5?

I need help I can't seem to buy progrid guide 3 anymore!

6 messages
29/06/2012 at 21:55
It seems saucony progrid guide 3 are being phased out as cant get my size on any site. I've been though about 15 pairs as they helped me to overcome a knee problem caused by previous trainers. I've been told best replacement is the progrid guide 5 but would appreciate any views before I invest another 85 quid a pair! Help?
30/06/2012 at 16:03

You can still get the ProGrid Guide 4 for about £50 online, they are closer to the Guide 3 than the Guide 5 are.

The Guide 5 have an 8mm heel to toe drop rather than the 12mm drop of the Guide 3/4. I have done about 300 miles in my Guide 4s and love them, I haven't tried the Guide 5s but have heard very good things about them.

30/06/2012 at 19:02
Thanks I will take a look at the 4s.
17/07/2012 at 23:26
Thinking of trying the guide 5 myself. I usually wear the Nike triax but have way overspent on my running budget this year, and have noticed Start fitness are giving away free saucony backpacks with the guide 5 at ??75 with the discount code. As I'm in the market for both shoes and a backpack I might give them a try.
DAM
19/07/2012 at 16:06
Don't get too excited by the free backpack.
It's a pretty basic thing and isn't ideal for running with as it doesn't have a waist strap.
18/08/2012 at 10:10
Invested in 3 pairs of the 5s and they are fantastic!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.