Shoe Experts Advice Required!

lightweight cushioned shoe?

5 messages
b7
21/08/2010 at 16:12
Hi guys

I use Mizuno Wave Mushas and Sauchony Fasttwich's which do me well up to marathon distance. I'm running my second ultra in a couple of weeks and I'm getting worried about these shoes as I get bof pain when I get close to marathon distance.

I'm looking to buy a cheap-ish pair of shoes with more cushioning. I still want them to be as light as possible as that's what I'm used to, just a bit more cushioning.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys
21/08/2010 at 19:03

Just a random one - do you use sorbathanes in your lghtweights? Might make all the difference?

I use lunar racers for my main shoes now - they are light but cushioned and you may be able to get the old style ones for a bit cheaper, but I wouldnt call them cheap... worth a thought anyway!

22/08/2010 at 12:48
I wear Saucony Grid Tangents and managed 50 miles without any problems, although they're not always easy to get hold of.
22/08/2010 at 15:16

How about some K-Swiss Ironman shoes? They were specially developed for Ironman events and have a bit more support than racing flats like the Fastswitch and yet only weigh a little more (250 grams if memory serves). The same model without the Ironman logo down the side is cheaper.

Mike

http://britinmadrid.blogspot.com/

22/08/2010 at 17:58
Juts a thought, B7, but you've left it very late to be looking for new running shoes for an ultra.  As your current shoes cause a problem after 20-25 miles you can't be sure new shoes won't do the same... or worse.  If the pain is just along the bottom of your foot you might be better off trying some cushioned insoles.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.