Shoe Size?

1 message
24/07/2014 at 12:01

I've been running on and off for about 3 years and have always found Nike Air Pegasus to be comfortable.

My normal running distance is 5-10 miles but I have ramped this up twice to run half marathons.

In normal running I have never experienced black toenails and in my first half marathon (2013, wearing well worn in Pegasus 28's, size 8.5) I also had no sign of toe trouble.

In my second half marathon (2014, wearing Pegasus 30's with about 50 miles of use, size 8.5) I ended up with black nails on both big toes.

Terrain for both races was similar but the 2014 event was significantly hotter, I'm curious why I may have ended up with such different results, whether the heat (25c) may have meant that my feet swelled more than usual or something?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.