shoes for deerstalker

4 messages
18/01/2014 at 15:04

I have done loads of road running over the last ten years but this year I am keen to get off road as frequently as possible. I have signed up for a few trail runs and also the Mighty Deerstalker. I have been advised to get a pair of trail shoes but have never bought them before. I wear Asics GT1000 shoes on the road and would be looking for something for cross-country/trail running and that would provide enough grip for the steep declines in the Mighty Deerstalker event. Any ideas? Thanks!

18/01/2014 at 15:29

more mile cheviot 2 from strut fitness only £35 not great on concrete roads, really good in mud 

18/01/2014 at 21:45

The Asics Gel Trabuco is essentially a trail version of your current road shoe.   

It would not be the most adventurous choice, but it would likely work for you. 

19/01/2014 at 18:23

+1 for the Trabuco - I have a pair of these (and Inov8 FlyRoc, New Balance MT101 and Mizuno XC spikes) and they are great for all-round use.  Good cushioning, support and grip - not the lightest, but if you have 2 pounds of mud stuck to any shoe, they are going to feel heavy!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.