Shorts - pants

6 messages
02/09/2002 at 12:01
Can anyone tell me where I can get womens shorts that are like big pants - I love my adidas hotpant shorts but they don't make then anymore so I want to try the shorts that are basically big knickers. - Haven't had much luck tracking them down so far.
WildWill    pirate
02/09/2002 at 14:16
Take up triathlon and you get to run in your trunks / swimming costume - nice and short :o)

02/09/2002 at 14:35
I use good old Viga Lady running briefs/knickers. Lycra, big knicker shaped - under shorts or on their own for racing (like the ones Paula Radcliffe was wearing for her great London Marathon).
Have a look at www.viga.co.uk
02/09/2002 at 14:39
Very tempting - although I'm one of those swimmers who coughs and splutters if their head goes under the water!!!!
On holiday last month I found a shop in Ibiza with exactly what I was looking for - then discovered they were actually mens swimming short type things - very tempted to buy although wary of having to try them on in the shop and the assistants reaction (what with not being male)
Just out of interest:how far do you have to swim/run/cycle in a triathlon?
02/09/2002 at 14:40
Thanks Dangly Spice - will have a look
09/09/2002 at 12:47
I'm a fan too - more comfortable and ladylike than shorts by a mile. It's strange, they were pretty much compulsory for female runners at all levels when I was at school then Uni in the early/mid 1980s but now I've returned to the sport mostly only elite runners wear them and they're hard to find.
I found a choice at Bourne Sports:
http://www.bournesports.com/bin/cgi/bournestore2.pl?g=1031572565_07820_1&p=/departments/athletics/womens_clothing/crop_tops_and_briefs/index.htm
. I bought the Patriot design and wore them for this year's London Marathon, partly for the Jubilee but also because they were the only pair I could find that wasn't massive. I felt a little self conscious - I didn't meet one other woman in the brief-style shorts - but am glad I went for it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.