should i be wearing trial shoes?

14 messages
25/08/2012 at 16:31

Hello guys, I need to buy some new shoes and I've been thinking should I be wearing trail shoes? I run on the cheshier lines mostly, here is a picture of the surface

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9187292@N02/3647558538/

I've been running in Nike Lunarglides, and I don't think the soles are really cut out for the surface, they seem to be wearning down quickly and get stones stuck in them. Is there such a thing as a light duty trial shoe that you could recommend for me? Or is this an over kill?

I'm a mild to moderate overpronator if that helps! I've recently just found this out, luckily my lunarglides feel fine though.

Thanks guys. 

25/08/2012 at 18:14

Hello, if trial shoes would be a better idea, any opinion on these? 

http://www.asics.co.uk/running/products/gel-fujitrabuco-men/

Thanks!

cougie    pirate
25/08/2012 at 19:26

GUILTY - of slaughtering the English language....

cougie    pirate
25/08/2012 at 19:28

If thats what you're running on - I dont think you need TRAIL shoes.  Normal road shoes would be fine for that.  I use them all the time for a similar long path. 

Trail shoes are better for the tougher off road stuff. 

Although - you can wear trail shoes if you want to. Sometimes they're cheaper than road shoes. 

25/08/2012 at 20:02

Like the photo - looks like a nice place to run! I'd be happy wearing normal road shoes for most flattish and fairly smooth surfaces like that, but if you want to give trail shoes a try, why not? Adidas Kanadias seem to be popular for their sturdiness and also extreme cheapness - around £35 I believe...

25/08/2012 at 21:27

Thanks a lot for the help! I was just curious, as the shoes just seem to be wearing out faster than I expected so I thought the surface might be too harsh for them.

It is a nice place to run! I like it much more than pedestrianised areas. 

cougie wrote (see)

GUILTY - of slaughtering the English language....

Cougie - You should work on your sporadic apostrophising if you want to start handing out sentences for improper use of the English language. ‘Thats’ and ‘Dont’ both need apostrophes as they’re contractions. Let me know if you want help on where the apostrophes go. Also, It’s 'off-road' not 'off road', you need to be aware of when to hyphenate. If you want to use ellipses correctly, it’s ‘…’ not ‘….’. Thanks for your advice on the shoes though.  

P.S I find grammar snobs embarrassing. 

DAM
25/08/2012 at 21:46
Shouldn't there be a full stop after the S in P.S.?
25/08/2012 at 21:50
What's worse? Bad spelling or bad grammar? There's only one way to find out, FIGHT!
25/08/2012 at 21:56

....Gets out the Pringles...

PSC    pirate
25/08/2012 at 22:12

A: Bad grammar.

PSC    pirate
25/08/2012 at 22:14

Anyway, to answer the OP.  In my opinion, 'Roadies' would be perfect on that path even in the wet.  Trail shoes are better suited to muddy, rough surfaces.

cougie    pirate
25/08/2012 at 22:19
CBA with apostrophes on my iPhone. Sometimes they happen. Sometimes they don't.

It was a joke - lighten up !

Or you may need sturdier shoes.
25/08/2012 at 23:59

LOLing at Richard's response.

P.S. I have to go through everything I write on my iPhone and check for apostrophes. I just couldn't bring myself to deliberately post/send anything apostrophised incorrectly. Not a snob. Just a twitchy fusspot. Though I do admit to a distinct shiver of revulsion when I see things like 'thank's' and 'Jame's'. Brrr!

PSC    pirate
26/08/2012 at 07:29

LOL Cougs... some toe stepping later

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.