Should I replace?

5 messages
04/07/2011 at 15:02

I currently have a pair of New Balance shoes which have about 250 miles on them. At present I am training for a Half Marathon in September. With my training, I will be putting about an extra 225 miles onto the shoes - then there is the race itself.

Should I buy a new pair of shoes now and start mixing them into my training runs or will I be okay to keep my current shoes and replace them after the race?

04/07/2011 at 15:12

Depends how the shoes cope with your running style/terrain.

Personally I would buy a second pair and alternate between them. Not to say sticking to your current pair is wrong but it's a bit safer to alternate and have a fresher pair to race.

cougie    pirate
04/07/2011 at 15:13
+1 and alternate.

Whats not to like about that ? You'll still get the same mileage out of the shoes - maybe more and you lessen the likelihood of injuries.
04/07/2011 at 15:16

I guess I'll be visiting Sweatshop at the weekend then...

Thanks

04/07/2011 at 16:08

Yes - I agree - get a new pair and alternate so tht you get to the race on a pair of shoes that still have decent mileage left

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.