Skins?

What are the benefits? Any recommendations?

7 messages
23/08/2013 at 16:09

I am considering starting to use skins - good to get others views on benefits and any recommendations for what gear is best?

cougie    pirate
23/08/2013 at 16:12
If you think there's a benefit - why not check out the cheaper versions ?
Red Venom etc ?
23/08/2013 at 16:35
What sort of benefits are you expecting?

I wear some of the (much cheaper) Nike stuff from sports direct but mainly to prevent chafing rather than any performance benefit.
23/08/2013 at 17:40

i find the tops warmer and better when running in winter/cold rain but any old compression/tight fitting top does that, the Champion ones are just as good at £15 a top vs £55 for the top brands. I do have a skins top and shorts pack, but it was a gift, i wouldnt pay that much for them, they feel no better or higher quality than the nike combat range that cost half the price, they do feel better quality than the cheaper Champion ones, but i wear them so infrequently it really doesnt matter.

25/08/2013 at 19:50

+1 for Millsy, i use cheap Nike but don't think it helps me with my times, just means I don't walk around like John Wayne.

Tops are great too in cold and wet weather. I wear a more mile long sleeve top, cost around a tenner. 

25/08/2013 at 20:23

Skins are very pricy but they may out live the cheaper options. I had some cheaper shorts and the waist band broke away after a couple of months, where as the skins are still strong. I only buy them when there is a good sale somewhere though.

Amazon are having a great sale at the no on skins

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0054PCZU4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1377458542&sr=1-2&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

They have loads of great stuff on sale too.

25/08/2013 at 22:25

They look gooood.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.