Socks

Silly newbie question!

21 to 24 of 24 messages
02/02/2013 at 19:38

I'm training for a marathon and run in black Tesco own brand socks, so I reckon you'll be fine Shona  I've tried the fancy 1000 mile socks and found that they shrink, so I gave up on them and find that I have no problems with regular socks lol I've noticed though that a lot of my colleagues seem to have a problem with black socks, but I think it's more of an ideological problem rather than a practical one 

02/02/2013 at 19:45
When I bought some black running shoes at the start of winter I did the decent thing and got some black running socks to go with them
02/02/2013 at 20:43
It is amazing how concerned people are at the possibility that I could be letting the side down by wearing black socks. Good to know that even marathon runners do it!

Would it have helped, do you think, if I'd stated in the title of the thread that My running shoes are black?
Edited: 02/02/2013 at 20:47
03/02/2013 at 18:26

nah... both pairs of my running shoes are black but the awkward part of me wants to wear black socks always and forever just because people seem to be *so* upset by it lol.  I reckon that when I'm running, I'm gonna look rough regardless of what my socks are like  As long as I don't have blisters I don't care, and my Tesco socks are doing the job just fine right now 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.