sorbothane insoles

8 messages
04/09/2002 at 13:45
Hello,

I am having treatment for ITBS, and the physio recomended wearing sorbothane insoles.

I wear these already in my 'faffing about' trainers, but in my running shoes I dont, because they are motion control shoes and I worry that I will spoil the 'mechanics' of the shoe by changing the in-sole... is this correct?
Ratbag    pirate
04/09/2002 at 15:20
Hello Chewy,

Not sure I can be much help but I'm running in Saucony Grid Omni at the moment and I bought some insoles to raise my heels trying to ease achilles problems that I've been having.

Seems to work to an extent and I haven't noticed any major problem with the mechanics of the shoe.

I would suggest you try it aout. After all, the insoles don't cost a lot and if it works then you've got a cheap solution without having to resort to orthotics.

All the best,

RB
05/09/2002 at 12:54
Chewy, it's not unusual to remove the insole altogether when fiting orthotics, so I doubt if changing to sorbothanes will affect the shoe mechanics

cheers

jenks
16/09/2002 at 10:30
My wife has ITBS and she uses SuperFeet insoles in her trainers, and we both use them in hiking boots. She wears stability trainers (Asics 2060) as a slight over pronator
16/09/2002 at 11:36
I run with Sorbothane, usually the heel pads but I'm trying out the full-length replacement insoles for longer slower runs. I also have motion-control shoes, Nike Air Durham, and have had no problem so far. Indeed, a physio observed me running in the Nikes with heelpads (not Sorbothane but similar size and shape) and commented that the shoes were doing their job.

In any event, I have crap biomechanics and really need motion-control shoes but have had no problems running with Sorbothane. I'd echo Ratbag's advice: give 'em a whirl and see how you go.
17/09/2002 at 10:44
I bought some Sorbothane full length insoles and I find them really brilliant but the instructions say to fit them under the existing insoles (or have It got this wrong!) which I did.

I have motion control shoes (Aasics
Gel Foundation) and the insoles don't
appear to compromise the effect.

18/09/2002 at 12:30
Thanks for your comments folks. Am trying the sorb insoles out in my Mizuno Wave Foundations. Havent had any adverse effects.

cheers
24/09/2002 at 17:40
Hi, I am wanting to buy some Sorbothane insoles just for extra protection.

Now, the question is, do I go for the full lenght ones, or the double strike ones ?, they are both the same price (expensive) but if they work I will give them a go,

Cheers, Gaz.......

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.