Sports bra - any recommendations....

20 messages
28/01/2003 at 09:22
Am I being too fussy but I am having a problem finding a sports bra that I am happy with. I am an A cup and so although I don't need a lot of support, when I bounce up and down in the changing rooms in the bras they are very uncomfortable. I have an old one that is so comfy, does the job very well, and doesn't make me too hot, but it is falling apart and Adidas don't make it anymore. I prefer ones with a cross back as they let me sweat freely - any suggestions?
iron fraggle    pirate
28/01/2003 at 09:28
Get in touch with sportsbras.co.uk - they may be able to advise you, and their website is quite good.
As a DD I wish I had your problem!!!
28/01/2003 at 10:25
I get mine from

www.girlsruntoo.co.uk

Hope this helps.
28/01/2003 at 11:59
Hey Picketty,
I have the same problem and posted on this a while ago. Someone recommended sportsbras.co.uk and I tried them. Service was fantastic (got nice confirmation email immediately, and little sweets with the bra and handwritten note saying happy christmas) and bra is best fit I've ever had. Can't remember the name of the one I got but will check it out this evening and post tomorrow.
28/01/2003 at 12:34
Just remembered it was an insport one - woudl definitely recommend. Great support but really soft and comfy.
28/01/2003 at 13:19
Yes all very good, but do you get lacey ones?
28/01/2003 at 13:32
I'm there Helen but I cunningly made a sensible post so nobody realised it was me.
28/01/2003 at 14:23
Just found an advert for www.lessbounce.com
That's my sensible one for the day.
28/01/2003 at 17:10
P, once you've elbowed your way through all the kind posts from the guys, do try lessbounce.co.uk. They got a very good write up from people (I mean women) here last year. Also, don't know if you've tried the Berlie Shock Absorber bra - very good although they do have a tendancy to shrink. I swear it's them not me.
29/01/2003 at 08:26
Picketty, i find the Bereli ones great, although i need quite a bit more support than you and usually wear a sports bra/cropped top type thing on top as well for extra support.
30/01/2003 at 15:25
My Champion Action Shape keeps my 38Ds mushed solidly against my chest wall so that world war three wouldn't move 'em. Your liddle biddy ones might be happier in a Champion Sports Shape - so yes, try sportsbras.co.uk. Like anything else though, gazelles like you are far better catered for, choice-wise, than Clydesdales like me!
30/01/2003 at 16:46
NEVER run in anything lacey - creates way too much friction.
Also don't run in thongs either.

I have not got a sports bra, I normally use a crop top by NIke which is really comfy and keeps them still. But they are only Bs so that might be why. And they are shrinking with every run - soon I will be able to go out in just a singlet.
Flipper    pirate
30/01/2003 at 18:47
I find the Anna Kournikova Shock Absorber sports bra brilliant!

(And I find thongs really comfy to run in)
31/01/2003 at 11:27
Do us ladies get joggers nipple too? I haven't experienced anything yet, or is it only for the blokes where it rubs where the clothing is loose.

Knickers - for running I'm an apple-catchers kind of gal - the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned - although I'm hoping with all the running I could get some smaller ones, but alas not yet!

Thanks for all the hints ladies - going e-shopping this afternoon.
Monique    pirate
31/01/2003 at 11:36
Interesting you should mention soreness in that region, I can't work out if I was molested by my husband in my sleep or if my triathlon suit (which I swam a mile in on Tuesday) has caused this! Any clues?
31/01/2003 at 20:40
Did your husband have a big smile on his face this morning?
31/01/2003 at 20:52
Sorry for asking, but what are "apple catchers"? I've led a sheltered life.
31/01/2003 at 21:18
Apple catchers are of the Bridget Jones variety. Quite large and accommodating. I have quite a few pairs as when you are pinching them off the line they're the ones that are easiest to grab. Only the bravest among us return with thongs.

Hope this helps.
31/01/2003 at 21:31
Ah yes. They're the ones that fit best over the head.
31/01/2003 at 21:34
Indeed (a man after my own heart!)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.