sports bra

8 messages
27/07/2012 at 09:24

on wednesday i purchased a sports bra which i was measured for at a well known sports store who focus on running. I then went on 12.5 mile run yesterday wearing it. After the run i jumped in shower and that was when pain hit, the bra has left to blisters. Do i take bra back, see if it just adjusting to my body shape or what. Iv took photos of them but now burst and look like burns .

27/07/2012 at 10:14

Crickey. That sounds awfully painful. I'd take it back and see what they say - that sounds like it's been rubbing and not properly fitted.

For the burn/blister - pop some sudocream on it and it'll heal a gem.

27/07/2012 at 10:26

It is painfull and dont help that my son wants hugs all the time and keeps knocking it.

31/07/2012 at 11:01

Take it back, I have never been able to get a sports bra that doesn't rub/cut me despite being fitted in various different shops.  I have resigned myself to the fact that it's going to happen and have scars as a result on my back.  They fitted you so they know that it's the right size (hopefully) and they need to know as if there is a design flaw then this can help other women.

31/07/2012 at 11:53
IV spoke to them she said let it clear up try again with Vaseline and still happens bring it back. Been a week nearly and still not cleared up.
31/07/2012 at 11:58

take it back, you shouldn't have to use vaseline with a bra. Although I have done with varying success. 

31/07/2012 at 12:13

I wouldnt try it with Vaseline as it can 'colour' the bra and then they'll refuse to take it back as 'damaged goods'. Unless you have it in writing - avoid it.

For me - that sounds like you're not properly fitted and they're giving you excuses. How is the 'bounce'?

31/07/2012 at 12:27
I didn't notice any rubbing or anything while out. First I realised was in shower when water hit me. I'm only b cup so don't get much bounce anyway. Lol. Got race Fri so if cleared up I give it another try and still bad it can go back.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.