Sports Bra

Recommendations

21 to 36 of 36 messages
20/12/2012 at 11:50

I'm sure I could be more crude than that and I dont claim to have any charisma ! Pr!ck and f#ck arent crude words though are they 

20/12/2012 at 12:02

Thanks Xine.

I'll see if my local debenhams has a shock absorber run bra over xmas in my size if not i'll go with less bounce   I think i'll get a crop top and if the shock absorber isn't enough on it's own, just try that over the top.

I'm a bit paranoid... paid a reasonable amount of money for my boobs... don't want to waste that handiwork

20/12/2012 at 12:30

Booktrunk, I looked at the Lime one you linked to myself, but discounted it because it is compression style, which is only really good for A-B cups. Anything larger and you need something with cups.

I used to wear compression tops, until I saw video of myself at the end of a race. It didn't feel like there was so much swinging, but the evidence said otherwise. Not pretty!

If you have just had an operation, as your post above suggests, then I guess you need to be extra careful about causing ligament damage, and the double approach might work well, especially at first.

I don't know if you live near a Sweatshop, but they do a free bra fitting and advice service. I haven't tried it but it might be useful, especially if you are not completely sure what size you are now. Lots of people wear the wrong size you know. I was wearing a 38B until I got fitted for wedding underwear and she said I was actually a 36D. And sports bras can measure up slightly differently to normal ones too.

Hope you find the one that suits you and enjoy your investment.

20/12/2012 at 12:58

Thanks Jane,

I'll have a hunt around my nearest sweatshop is a few miles away, and last time i went in there were only male staff, heh, not sure if I fancy a blokey measuring me up for a bra .... might be fun!!

Regarding size.. I got with the M&S online sizing guide which seems pretty accurate as a starting point  

Yeah, i'm a bit over the top paranoid about looking after them.  But, I really don't want to damage anything, and my surgeon was a bit ohh not sure about running but i've read lots of others have been out 4 to 6 weeks after surgery, so I will try to get sorted over Xmas and go for it just before or after the new year, but I think i'll start off with a shock absorber run bra the website was good seems that you need it nice n tight :0 and i might stick a compression top over it, better to be safe then sorry.

Thanks for your advice everyone.  I was thinking shock absorber before hand and that seems to be a reasonable way to go so i'll stick with that.

20/12/2012 at 13:43

I've tried all sorts and found that the shock absorber run one is good, also the panache are good too.  I get mine from less bounce, tried the M&S ones but felt they didn't have the same amount of support.

Good luck.

20/12/2012 at 16:20

I've tried all kinds of different bras and the only one that works for me is the Enell front fastener from less bounce.  Very comfy, and the best fit for me - keeps the girls as still as they'll ever be...... 

Personally I don't like Shock Absobers - got one professionally fitted at Bravissimo, went out in it for a 9 mile run and it ripped my skin apart......very painful! Phoned Shock Absorber customer care who were great about it and refunded me in full, but will still never use them again.

Good luck with your search.

20/12/2012 at 16:27

I think i'm just going to do for it and get a Shock Absorber Amazon have them at £26 and i have prime so freebie next day delivery.  Now I just have to guess a size they say they should be quite tight so might go 36D decisions, decisions.....

20/12/2012 at 20:58
I bought a Shock Absorber run last year and still can't do it up without help! I had it fitted by Shock Absorber and it is too tight to fasten the top bit, put it on and then do the bottom bit, as suggested. A shame because I quite like it otherwise.
K80
20/12/2012 at 22:38
I wear shock absorber (B109N) as the "run" stops at a f or ff cup.

I can't stress enough the importance of trying on the bra before you buy it. Different brand bras in the alleged same size all fit differently.

Bravissimo and Debenhams have a range of sports bras. Try them on and pogo around the changing room to see gauge their support.
20/12/2012 at 22:47
hehe

I will do thanks. I just need to be patient and wait until I can get to the shops
21/12/2012 at 00:09

I have the shock absorber ones and they're the best I've ever had (used to be a 34D and they worked fine then). I think it's easiest to put them on like a normal bra and then reach behind you over your shoulders to do the top bit up, but I suppose it depends on flexibility. But whenever I'm buying sports bras I always go into the shops and jump up and down in the changing rooms to test them. I recommend John Lewis if buying in an actual shop, because they'll match Debenham's promotions anyway and tend to have quite good bra fitters around for advice.

21/12/2012 at 13:16

I use the Shock Absorber Max support tops. They look like a crop top but are encapsulation style.  I just sit my HRM under my boobs but above the band.  It works perfectly well and I've never had any problems (I've run a couple of marathons like that).  I like them cos they have lots of different colours and definitely no bounce.

As for size I find them quite tight around the band so have to buy a bigger chest size. Usually I wear 30 G but I buy 32FF.

I can recommend Less Bounce, also Boobydoo.  I usually buy from whichever is cheapest or has free delivery ...

22/12/2012 at 14:31
Shock absorber run bras for me they are brilliant. As someone said earlier I have found them the cheapest on Amazon - ordered my last two from there.
22/12/2012 at 14:50
@booktrunk - I feel your pain. I'm a 30FF and always have issues with running brad. I can recommend shock absorber (ive tried others but shock absorbed are more comfy for my figure than freya or others i tried. i'd also suggest:
- go to a shop to get fitted. It could be that you're a different size in sports bra. It might also help to wear a 'fitted' top as well if you're self conscious.
- I go to bravissimo and LOVE them. I cannot recommend them enough - they are thoughtful and "know" big breasts. I do not go anywhere else. I really didn't like the sweatshop approach (I've been to two different ones and had shocking service and attitudes to my size "when you lose weight (i was 10st & 5ft7) you can wear a proper one).
- sports bra wear out.... You should look at replacing it every 3-4 months. I'm the worst offender at changing my bra but you can lengthen the life by using a bag to wash it in

Good luck
22/12/2012 at 15:08
I've got a shock absorber level 3 crop top as it was being sold off at ??7.50 in debenhams today. So going to have that to go over whatever else I get if necessary just seemed to be something that at 7.50 I couldn't refuse it.
23/12/2012 at 13:24
Gooutdoors ??24 for the running bra.

Decided one dive smaller 36d keep them nice n snug!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.