Sports bras (not thongs, sorry...)

1 to 20 of 40 messages
07/03/2003 at 14:18
I know there was a big debate about sports bras about 6 months ago, but I can't find it, and remember it being aimed at the better-endowed (I'm not).

Any recommendations? & yes, I've looked at the websites, got the catalogues, etc - don't care about the technical stuff, just want something that's comfortable! Have tried the whole M&S range (well, where else do you buy your undies from?! and what's more, you can buy them with your dinner...) and they're all a bit odd - rub/wrinkle/weird shape...

07/03/2003 at 14:22
a useful thread

I hope the link works
07/03/2003 at 14:35
Thanks, Miss Piggy - have had a look. Unfortunately I still can't find what I'm looking for. I don't want to be squashed any flatter than I am already, but the other type of bra seems to leave a horizontal ridge showing through all my tops - and gives me a very odd shape indeed. Does anyone do maximiser sports bras?! I need the support, but would rather not look like a pre-pubescent schoolgirl.
07/03/2003 at 14:45
Yes, I am sure this can be a real problem. What about gel inserts?
07/03/2003 at 15:21
Berlei's shock absorber range are very good, and come in different styles so you can have the squished down crop top or the normal "I've got boobs" back fastening regular type. House of Fraser/Arnotts stock them in their undies section, so you can try them on to see what's comfortable first. They are very supportive and come in a good range of sizes.
07/03/2003 at 16:31
hmmm - sounds like a good idea. I know you can send back the ones ordered online if they don't fit - but it takes so much time! I'll go and have a look there.

As for the gel inserts - wouldn't they fall out mid-run?! Or worse still, slip a bit and create bulges in funny places... I don't care that much, I just want a sports bra that looks the same as a normal bra, and that I can wear fitted tops over rather than baggy t-shirts. Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, but I'm beginning to think all sports bras are designed by men with PhDs in physics, and zero idea of how they're worn!

Anyway, thanks for the House of Fraser tip... whhheeeee, shopping spree coming on!
07/03/2003 at 16:33
btw, Strappy, were the gel inserts a personal recommendation? And did you get the idea from your pants threads? I'm getting worried!
07/03/2003 at 16:47
I just like to appear in apparel discussions.
07/03/2003 at 17:30
How immature!
07/03/2003 at 17:35
Yes!
07/03/2003 at 17:50
It's this sort of unhelpful and unwanted intrusion that puts the girlies off talking openly about their delicate problems. This is very annoying for all us lurkers hoping to get our jollies.

(Pssst, looks round furtively, if you are an A or AA cup snail you might try www.littlewomen.co.uk, tell'em "Dave sent me" you may get a discount.)
07/03/2003 at 17:58
Yes I fully agree, how can you possibly sensibly drool with the likes of Strappy around?
07/03/2003 at 19:48
and you get all this for free boys!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2003 at 20:41
mind you DavidB did take his time in appearing for once!
07/03/2003 at 21:04
True, EP, and he was very slow off the mark on the women's tights thread. What's up, DB? Is it anything we can help you with?
07/03/2003 at 21:23
I'm not feeling myself Meerkat.
07/03/2003 at 21:37
I'm very disappointed with Wends BTW, she starts a thread on Shoes and then starts talking about underwear! Not cricket, not cricket at all I tell you! At least you know here you are with HelenT (not now Cougie, not now!).
07/03/2003 at 21:38
'course you are David; never known you to be otherwise.
JJ
07/03/2003 at 21:40
DavidB
There's a delicate matter I'd like to discuss if you'd care to wander back to the other thread. Please make sure you're not followed by these ladies.
JJ
07/03/2003 at 21:51
<<meerkat follows closely, disguising herself as a wicking undie>>
1 to 20 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.