Sports bras

20 messages
15/08/2007 at 22:18
I'm having trouble, i have 2 sports bras, both shock absorber one a 36c and one 36d. I am usually a c cup but find my boobs hurt after wearing the c cup bra but both dig in from the elastic underneath my boobs. Can anyone recommend a good sports bra? Thats not too expensive.
Nam
15/08/2007 at 22:58

Have you had a look at Less Bounce and Boobydoo ??

Both sites give good reviews for bras.  I'm a 32C...  I have loads of different ones incl 3 Shock Absorbers, 2 SportJocks and a Sugoi one.  But its so 'horses for courses' you're probably better off reading the reviews.

15/08/2007 at 22:59
are you chaffing?

Maybe you just need lubricant with the bras
16/08/2007 at 07:15
I started off in Shock Absorbers but eventually gravitated to Sports Jock Action - a crop top style. I'm about your size. Find them incredibly comfortable and only have chafing problems when they need replacing. They are great with a HRM strap too.
16/08/2007 at 08:09
No i don't chaff, they just dig in. Thanks, i looked at the boobydoo website and will have another look. I like the sound of the sugoi one and the sportjock.

Cheers
Farnie    pirate
16/08/2007 at 08:10
get remeasured???
16/08/2007 at 17:12
M&S.....

16/08/2007 at 19:04
just try lots on and jump up and down.

I'm 34D but the best fit for me is the Moving Comfort Maia in a 32C. Takes em a while to rediscover their directional pull after a run, but they sure as 'eck don't move during it! ;o)
18/08/2007 at 18:23
Try Enell sports bras - have a look at

www.amplusfigura.co.uk

<A HREF="http://www.amplusfigura.com/acatalog/Sports_Bras.html">amplusfigura.com/acatalog/Sports_Bras.html</A>

Enell sports bras which are specially designed for the larger breast - try size 0 - they hold everything in and have no wires that can stick in you.

I use one when I run - it is very comfortable.
18/08/2007 at 18:26
If I may actually make an input here although I'm male - there'a a girl in my running club uses lessbounce.com and she mentioned something about 10% discounts... if you are in a club yu could order bulk from them between ye and get a discount?
Apparently they do special bras for Moobs too, though I don't have a clue why she was looking at me when she mentioned that!
19/08/2007 at 21:29
My gf just gets started in running. Although the bounceless site looks good, does anybody actually buy a bra without trying it on first? Or is it the usual "try at local store and buy online" strategy?
25/08/2007 at 13:24

As Jj says, Moving Comfort Maia is good, Pure Lime bras and Mizuno crop styles also work well for me.

27/08/2007 at 00:11

I'm sure lessbounce.com allow you to return the bra for free if it's not suitable.  I got a triaction something or other because of probs with the shockabsorbers supplies, not the best and I'm not that big (34C)... it's trial and error really.

30/08/2007 at 13:35
The Enell sports bra is fantastic if a bit unsightly looking, I wouldn't wear anything else having now tried this one, it is extremely comfortable with no wires etc to dig in.  You can also wear it on its own if it gets really hot (fat chance!)
03/09/2007 at 16:46
Try www.fitnesssportsstore.com have some very affordable sports bras which if you don't like them you  return them.
04/09/2007 at 18:52
I'm an Enell fan and although they seem pricey they last so long they are better value than other bras.   I've just ditched my first Enell bra which I bought in 2003 and used at least 3 times a week (washing after each wear), it was still as supportive as new but the catches started to fall off!
04/09/2007 at 20:03
Agree - Enell sports bras all the time for me - although find takes a while to get used to them as sometimes feel like restraint jacket!!
07/09/2007 at 10:44

I got a discount voucher for boobydoo.co.uk through my club, here's the code if anyone wants to use it. It was 25% but I think it has been reduced to 15% last time I used it. Dead easy to return things, one didn't fit so I just put it in the envelope and sent it back freepost, they sent me an exchange nearly by return.

8739-9854-8767

13/09/2007 at 17:48
I've just order an Enell from figleaves today and got 10% discount and free delivery, cost £30.60.   Considering  each Enell lasts me 3 to 4 years that is good value.
20/08/2010 at 22:08
Only buy enell, ive been a runner since i was 11 and at 16 i suddenly grew to a G cup, having to wear 2 sports bras so i could strap myself in. I found the enell bra 5 years ago and wear it everyday as I teach aerobics as well. Only habe to wear 1 bra now, its amazing, the best ever!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.