Sports bras.

Choosing a sports bra.

1 to 20 of 21 messages
02/05/2010 at 17:33

Hello Ladies!

I'm getting back into running again after an injury and want to buy a good sports bra.

I've read a few articles in the Gear Section and have seen the Enell and Triumph bras - the both have the best rating, I believe. I'm a 34 B/C and wanted to buy on-line as I live in Italy.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Esther.

02/05/2010 at 17:47
Check out the Shock Absorber bras too. I've got the B4490.
02/05/2010 at 17:57
I have the Enell and the Shock Absorber Run and have tried a couple of others in the past but find the Shock Absorber Run most comfortable for long runs. I have a small back (28)and a large cup size (+DD) that needs support.
The Enell is great - a total boulder holder that keeps movement minimal, but I find it too tight for long runs and the fabric too thick, it holds a lot of moisture and can get too wet for my liking. For shorter runs it is fine but it does get hot. I've just bought my 2nd Shock Absorber Run so I'm sticking with this for now, it washes well and dries quickly. In my opinion it has better technical fabric than the Enell. Sorry haven't tried the Triumph. I have bought recently from Boobydoo online and they were great. Worth reading some reviews on there as well as the likes of Figleaves.
02/05/2010 at 18:00
I've got 2 Enell's and they are amazing no movement at all but they are built like tanks. Shock Absorbder have a new running one out which might suit but I haven't tried it. I don't usually get on that well with shock absorber but then I am a 30 G
02/05/2010 at 18:14

I've just got a shock absorber run, I used other shock abosrber models before but found they started to chafe on longer runs. The run is fantastic, and has almost totally eliminated bounce. Very comfortable even when wet and not a hint of rubbing or chaffing even over 20 miles on a hot day.

I'm a 36 B/C and found I had to go with the bigger size for my other shock absorbers, the B fitted me best in the run though. If you can't find somewhere to try it on, just make sure you pick a retailer that doesn't quibble for returns. I got mine from Start Fitness.

03/05/2010 at 11:50

Thanks!

So the best rated ones are Shock Absorber Run (which make is that?) and Enell...

I'll have a look. Wanted to measure myself and then decide between a 34 B/C and find a company that obviously sells on-line and accepts returns.

Anyone know how to measure yourself? I think I remember being told just under the breast for the diameter, but can't remember how to work out the cup.

03/05/2010 at 15:11

Thanks!

I've sent an e-mail to both companies.

I'll let you know!

03/05/2010 at 15:42
Another thumbs up here for the Shock Absorber Run - absolutely no bounce whatsoever (32D)
03/05/2010 at 16:37

Great!

I've had a look at the Shock Absorber website and have found it really easy to use: find out my size, the kind of bra I need, etc. The Enell bra seems to start from a C cup so, if I'm a B, I don't think they'll have a size for me... but we'll see... I'm not really well-endowed, but running without a good sports bra is still uncomfortable. At the moment, I wear a Nike underwired sports bra plus an ASICS sports one, but would really prefer to wear something better...

03/05/2010 at 19:00

Esther Jane, if you are a b/c cupt don't bother with an Enell, they are the bra of last resort for women with v large cup sizes and while they do work, they are a bit like running in a straitjacket - there are less restrictive options out there for someone with your cup size - lucky you!

IMHO the most iimportant thing to establish is your correct bra size - no bra will support you properly if it doesn't fit -  and if you can possibly manage it, go to a bra shop or large department store and get yourself properly measured. A sports bra wll feel very snug and tight around the band and when you jump up and down in front of the mirror you should get minimal bouncage. Good luck!

03/05/2010 at 20:09
Thumbs up from me for the Shock Abosrber Run too.  I bought one to see how I'd get on with it. I've recently ordered another one.  They aren't the easiest to get on with that top clip, but they are really comfortable & supportive with no rubbing at all.  Highly recommended.
03/05/2010 at 20:38
I'm a shockabsorber fan too

B999 is my favourite style (I'm a 32C).

Boobydoo, Girls run too, Startfitness, Wiggle and Fig Leaves are all good online retailers.

Good luck!
03/05/2010 at 21:45
Hi Esther - I live in Italy too and two weeks ago I ordered a shock asorber (36DD) from Wiggle, luckily it does fit but they do accept returns. I wore for a marathon on Sunday and it's the best bra I've ever had.
04/05/2010 at 13:09
Hi all - I'm primarily a marathon runner and also suffer with bras wearing through my skin (at VLM last week my bra grazes hurt more than anything else!). Thanks for all the recommendations - I've ordered myself a Shock Absorber Run which should hopefully make my long runs more pleasurable, or else I'll just notice how much everything else hurts!
04/05/2010 at 22:29

Still undecided between the Shock Absorber and the Enell.

Both seem excellent.

06/05/2010 at 21:41

Just bought a shock absorber RUN today(32D)

The top plastic clasp is fiddly to fasten; but once on- it was great

Yesterday my boobs hurt when I was running(period due).......bought the shock absorber bra today- and no pain at all on todays run Ran 10m and no chafing, felt v comfy and certainly no wobbling!!

06/05/2010 at 22:20

Just thought It was worth mentioning:

I have just found an easy way to "put on" the bra....

fasten the clasp at the top before putting the bra on over your head...and then fasten the strap!!!

07/05/2010 at 12:59

Thanks, Bambi...

Just another thought... I bought some great Nike bras in the past... Anyone know of a good Nike high-impact sports bra?

07/05/2010 at 13:21
Sports jock is good for me as a B cup
07/05/2010 at 13:45

Seen a great-looking Nike bra, too... Obviously, I'd have to try it on and do a jump test, but anyway, it seems excellent... It's called Nike Revolucion...

Anyone tried it?

1 to 20 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.