Sports Bras

1 to 20 of 56 messages
12/12/2002 at 12:30
Ladies,
Any advice would really be appreciated on this topic! I find it impossible to find a sports bra that fits properly - I'm a small 34A and to get a cup size that fits I have to buy 32A. 32 is too tight around my chest and leaves a mark that can get pretty uncomfortable depending on how long I'm running for. I want to do my first marathon next year so the amount of time I spend on each run is going to get longer and I think this is going to become a problem. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
12/12/2002 at 14:30
The M&S range is really good and worth a try, failing that the Berieli ones are good... I hope that you find one soon!
12/12/2002 at 14:30
To me it seems to be a case of trying on loads 'til you find one, just like any other piece of women's clothing, which bears absolutely no resemblance to the size that it says it is.

H
12/12/2002 at 14:52
Yup have tried the M&S and Berlei ones - use a Berlei at the mo and it's not the worst but same problem. Might go back to M&S but the last couple of times I've been in it was all C and D cups. I wish!
12/12/2002 at 15:34
I have used the on-line sites and they are fab. Great choice, great advice and a good fast service. Sportjock are good and triumph has a good pull-on one too.

Worth calling them to discuss what you are looking for. Can't run if I'm not comfy!
12/12/2002 at 16:08
www.sportsbras.co.uk (or .com) have a good range. I think the Sportsjock and Danseze croptop styles are best for smaller busts, as they just hold everything close to the chest, rather than trying to "lift & separate". Enelle get a good name for the "fuller figure". Whatever size you are, get the best bra you can afford - no-one is immune to the poer of gravity.
12/12/2002 at 16:30
Try and get one that wicks moisture as well - I need one of those. Currently I have normal ones & a soggy bra on a cold morning doesn't bear thinking about.

H
12/12/2002 at 17:11
I've got a 'Shock Absorber' one from the Berlei range(the one you see Anna Kornikova modelling!). Im not very large myself either and i have no complaints with this bra. It has adjustable bits at the side, so you can tighten or loosen it, it wicks moisture and looks good too!

12/12/2002 at 17:19
Thanks everyone. Nessie checked out site and looks good! Bought an Insport one -pricey but looks like it might be worth it. Cool - now I have no excuses!!
12/12/2002 at 19:33
Hiya,

I am 32D and wear a Berlie sports bra. I find that it does a really good job. Remember that u have to get the right impact level in the bra, so for example i have impact level 4 for running, but for something lighter like tennis for example i may only have a 3 or 2.

Choose wisely though as u only have one pair of boobies and after they start to so south theres nothing u can do!!! that is y I don't mind spending more thatn average on a sports bra.
13/12/2002 at 14:11
If anyone is going on holiday or whatever to the States check out the Nike bras (and knickers!). Not the crop top type they sell here but proper sports bras in various designs for all shapes and sizes. They are the best ever. I've been using them for ages (I work there sometimes so stock up whenever I can) and can't understand why they don't sell them here. Everything else seems to get here in the end!!
16/07/2004 at 10:03
hi ALL,

A friend of mine runs a website specially for A and AA cup bra sizes, she sells over 20 major brands, some produced especially for her. The address is www.aalingerie.com. She may be able to order special items if not available in the UK.

Alison
16/07/2004 at 10:07
I'm 32A and like the sportsjock ones (about £25).
28/11/2004 at 22:01
Does anyone know where i would be able to find a 30B sports bra? 32 isn't tight enough and rides up and chaffs, but at a B cup, i think i ought to be using more support that a normal bra. Thanx
01/04/2005 at 11:32
ahhh... i know what you mean, being a teenager and having a small bust... and where i run, there's footy practice 3 out of 6 nites a week... all the guys think it's funny to mimick my small chest moving up and down as i run... still haven't had much luck finding a good sports bra. in australia, we pretty much only have berlei, and they're quite expensive for a student to buy... but i make do with a sports crop-top and a bandeau over the top. it seems to work, but i can't wait to find the elusive *perfect sports bra*
11/08/2005 at 12:40
Well, I have a SportJock crop top style bra, which fits well, but there's still a lot of bounce! Do you think this is a problem?
11/08/2005 at 12:54
Try Falke. They are so light you don't know you're wearing them. But do get a 32 - I bought the "right" size and it was a bit big.

But for an A cup you'll find they give ample support. 32A for you, my girl, and I defy it to rub!
11/08/2005 at 15:26
DMG

I use M&S often they wont have my size but I order them and normally a few days later they are in stock for me to buy usually get 4 at a time.
11/08/2005 at 15:31
Blimey Poppy, how many boobs have you got?!?!?
11/08/2005 at 17:23
Nah what you need...and i am weaing one right now is a Champion one obviously i cant see the label at the moment but they come up nicely small. Im a 32B and believe me i aint moving nowhere!

I got mine from less bounce £20 i think. the sports jock ones are ok but i find they rub me stoopid around the front of ribcage and it smells!
1 to 20 of 56 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.