sports bras

12 messages
01/11/2006 at 09:20
Does anyone know of a decent sports bra for the smaller women. I am looking for an a cup for middle distance runner

Thanks
01/11/2006 at 09:24
I got some which seem to do what's required of them without chafing for £4 in Primark :o)
01/11/2006 at 09:25
Hi lynne, are you looking for non-wired, underwired, padding? i'm a small A too. what sort of thing are you after? i know of a few as i have searched...
01/11/2006 at 10:22
If you're looking for small sports bras with cups, I'd recommend the M&S ultrasonic sports bras, which I think are £20. They have the advantage of being OK to wear under normal clothes. The Primark ones are a lightly padded crop-top style and the elastic isn't quite as firm as, say, Shock Absorbers (which I also like).

If you're really dainty in the pectoral protuberance department, it's worth trying close-fitting techie tops with integral support.
01/11/2006 at 11:47
Vests with inbuilt support will be fine if you're a 32A. Often they're mesh lined so breathable too. I got a nice one from Sugoi designed for cycling with a pocket in the back.
The M&S are a good design but they don't go small enough for me.
I prefer an over the head racer-back crop top, that compresses rather than seperates. No fastenings, wires or padding.. very comfy. Dans-ez make them in supplex.
01/11/2006 at 11:52
Try the bra finder on www.lessbounce.com
Ellie.    pirate
01/11/2006 at 12:41
I'm 32A and love the Sportjock crop top style bras. I currently have 3 in different colours. Most running shops sell them. I got mine from Wiggle.
03/11/2006 at 21:43

Bras Fnurr Fnurr( in Beavis voice)
05/11/2006 at 14:44
I too love the M&S ultrasonics and they have been reduced to £18 they make you look to have a really great shape.
05/11/2006 at 15:23
I adore M&S Ultrasonic bras as well:-)
10/11/2006 at 13:58
Bras are my biggest running bete noir. I'm extremely small, but still see the need for support. It is difficult to get one which does not choke you trying to get it over your head, or that seems to cut into you 3/4 of a way through a marathon. I also find that many chaff under the arms. I've just bought an ASICs one from New York which does not have any seams or anything, and is in a ribbed jersey material. However, I find the best thing is a shimmel, with built in support. Nike do good ones. The most comfy thing I have is not sportswear at all, but an all in one bra and vest from an Australian underwear company called Bond. Very snazzy too.
04/12/2007 at 15:47

Hi - i'm an AA and agree - some people seem to think we need no support at all - but they still rub and bounce a bit!!!    I've had the same problem with overhead stuff - can never get the darn things off cos they're so tight - and yes extremely sore chaffing under arms makes them a definite no no for me.

Whats a shimmel then?? i'm a fairly new runner - so no idea what that is. (and afraid Nike is out of the question for me - bit of a personal political thing) . 

The all in one vest/bra things i've found a couple cheap which support well but i find their material is far too thick and uncomfortable and also still leaves me with the question of still needing a seperate bra to wear under my actual official running vest!!

I found a sloggi size 34AA sports bra - and was amazed - and its great - for all of about 8 runs though, then i find it has just stretched too much and the support has disappeared and i'm back to square one!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.